Thursday, April 4, 2013

Power Of Darts



Key Scripture: …Above all, take up the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.”  Ephesians 6:16
Power Point:
     I know this probably never happens to you but sometimes (daily, hourly, moment by moment) the Enemy sends me negative thoughts. When those thoughts fill my mind-(the hateful, proud, egotistical thoughts; selfish thoughts, full of venom) they are the fiery poisonous darts that the enemy offers us to throw at others. If we pick them up and throw them, we are aiding and abetting the enemy. If we gather them up and ask Jesus to bury them, we are offering Jesus an opportunity to bless instead of curse. Each dart is a curse isn’t it?  “She’s too fat. He’ll never amount to anything.  That will never work!  He’s doomed to failure.”  Ouch.
     There’s a catalogue I sometimes order from called “Soft Surroundings”. Beloved, we are to enclose people in safe, soft surroundings. Our words are to be gentle, kind, encouraging, edifying and filled with promise.  My friend Peter is the absolute best at that. He will take any negative situation, or person and turn it to a positive.  He will take a lost, hurting, disillusioned person and paint a beautiful picture of how much God loves them right now, and how many
wonderful things He has planned for them. He is God’s paintbrush to bring His Life into a life that is filled with hopelessness. He creates a masterpiece in their minds-a vision of what God sees. He does it beautifully. So does God. He refuses to pick up your fiery dart and aim it at anyone. It’s just not his nature. He will not play that game with you. He can’t.  He’s too good, kind, merciful, gracious, and patient; Extremely P-A-T-I-E-N-T!
      I’ve found myself feeling quite alone, separated from Grace after I have fallen short of it. I know in my spirit man that I have not “kept the faith” for someone. I’ve been too busy throwing my darts at them or their situation.
Beloved, maybe it’s time we pack up that dartboard. Every word that is a fiery dart is a curse to someone that God loves. God never does that. If you are going to be an “ambassador for Him”, that means that you have to stop picking up the enemy’s weapons to steal, kill and destroy, and release the powerful force of the Father’s grace for them. That’s your job. Don’t get confused. Pick up the cross of Christ and plant grace firmly in your life and in theirs. Do not under any circumstances play darts with the Enemy.
Power Thought:
If you’re going to throw darts, throw them at the Enemy.  And be sure to get a bullseye!

No comments:

Post a Comment