Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Power Of Rescue



Key Scripture:   “We felt like we’d been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened.  Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally-not a bad idea since he’s the God who raises the dead!  And he did it, rescued us from certain doom.”  2 Corinthians 1:9
Power Point:                       
     Have you ever felt like you were living on death row; that maybe you were at the end of your rope? Aren’t you glad to know that the apostle Paul felt the same way? It makes him seem more human doesn’t it?  I know I’ve been in that place where it looked like as though it was all over but the shouting. Then Holy Spirit will lead me to read one of Paul’s letters, and somehow I find my way back again. I’ve been in the place where I finally had to give up trusting in my own strength or wits to get me out of my situation and I had to trust God totally. I agree with Paul that it's "not a bad idea at all." I wonder why we wait so long.
      Jesus came to rescue us. And of course He did. The thing is He IS The Rescuer. I think that means that He never stops wanting to do that.
In fact, I’m pretty sure that He never thinks we’ve called for rescue too many times or we should be able to figure this one out on our own. He doesn’t tell us to “shake it off!” or ‘get a grip”. 
He’s ready to show up on our behalf whenever we need Him.  He’s on our side.  He’s on YOUR side.  Sometimes He will use the people around you to be part of your rescue operation, but you can trust Him to use any and every means available to help you.
     Beloved, If you REALLY believe that He is good, and kind, and HELPful, how can you doubt that He wants to be good and kind and helpful to you right now? If you’re doubting that, then the Father of Lies is trying everything he can and whispering every lie he knows to get you to stay under your circumstances.
      Isaiah says, “Wake UP!” Jesus said, “GET UP!”  And Paul says, “Think UP!”  Trusting God totally is a good thing. It means that you are giving Him the freedom to deliver you from evil, give you the desires of your heart, and rescue you from certain doom.
      I remember hearing a sermon once about how the disciples asked Jesus if He didn’t care that they perished.  That’s pretty funny if you think about it isn’t it? The Savior of the world cares. He’s ready to rescue you. He will always rescue you.
How can you not love a God like that?

Power Thought:
He always has your rescue on His mind. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment