Monday, December 29, 2014

Power Of Clamor


 Key Scripture:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31-32
Power Point:
     This morning I received a devotional in the mail from Kenneth Copeland.He was watching a newscast with someone who, though an American now, had grown up in another country. This is what happened:
"Although I hadn't noticed it, the news commentator had said something derogatory about the president. ( a tear slipped down the lady's cheek), "I don't like to hear anyone talk about this country like that," she said. "I don't care whether it's true or not. I don't want to hear it."
The newscaster's comment had slipped right by me. But it had brought tears to her eyes. Why? Because she had a sensitive heart where this country is concerned."
      As I read this devotional, I was convicted about recent current events.  Around the election, I began watching the news again, at great length.  I noticed that the perfect peace that I had been dwelling in began to go missing. I kept trying to figure out what had happened. When I read this today, it hit me that for several hours a day I had been hearing unkind, critical, angry, bitter voices.  How could that NOT have an effect on me?  How could it NOT dim the light of His Spirit in me?  It was definitely clamor, and evil speaking and I was allowing it to fill my atmosphere for hours at a time.

     Honestly, I don't think we even realise how much this affects us every day. We have been so programmed by the attitudes of those in authority around us haven't we? We want our leaders to have respect for each other don't we?  We want our entertainment to positive and encouraging, not fill our homes and hearts with clamor.  As you think about what you watched yesterday, what was the interaction between the characters?  On almost every television program there is sarcasm, and criticism, and some sort of Anti-Christ attitude toward people.
     That's a really good point isn't it?  Are the things you're allowing into your atmosphere, Anti-Christ?  Would He be comfortable reading what you read, and watching what you watch on television?  Could you recommend those things to Him?  Would He want to enter in to your conversations?   If you say "no", then you might understand that His Spirit in you is not comfortable with it either. He will be grieved and He will withdraw.
It's just not worth it-is it?
    If you're wondering if there is clamor in your life, here's the definition: "slander, speech injurious to another's good name, reproachful, injurious to divine majesty."  Ah. Ouch.
     As we pray for our leaders, and those in authority, let's pray that their eyes would be opened to the clamor they're releasing into our lives. Let's pray that they will hear God and begin to ""take the high road", so we can walk on it with them.
     Let's put clamor away from us, and pray that they will put it away from them.

Power Thought:
I'd rather have perfect peace than pithy comments wouldn't you? If each one of us began to put away clamor and evil speaking from us and from our homes, we could change the world.  Couldn't we?








Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment