Sunday, June 17, 2012

Power of Leaning Past


Key Scripture:  “Lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
Power Point:
I just can’t understand why I can’t understand everything God tells me.  I mean I can read the words but sometimes they are simply beyond the realm of my understanding.  For example, God says, that He has given me a promise for everything I will ever need in this life. What? I don’t understand how that’s possible.  Do you?
He says that He will give me the things I desire and dream about as well as the things I need to live.  How is that possible?
He tells me that if I trust Him, He will take me to heaven with Him when I die. Really? Could heaven be real?
I don’t know. The things that I “know” in my head sometimes keep my heart from pushing past my understanding into God’s peace. His thoughts are always higher than mine!  Sometimes I just don’t get it!
How about you? Do you have problems leaning past your understanding into believing God’s promises? Are you struggling to explain the unexplainable and accept His words on faith?   Faith? Faith! Faith requires us to lean past what we know and understand so that we  can touch, taste, feel, see past our own understanding and lean into God’s power.  Faith requires pushing past the parameters of your understanding into the fullness of God. We’re to become “believers who really believe”. We are to be a people who push past and lean into and lean on God with a vibrant anticipation of His goodness for us.
How can that happen? First of all, we have to know that He is good and that He never changes any part of that.  We have to continually develop our consciousness of his character until the goodness of His grace and mercy become real to us and we “understand” that He’s different from us.  To put it simply, He doesn’t think like us at all. He’s not as concerned with people making mistakes as much as He is about making up what they lack in their experience of Him.
Beloved, if you really thought He was good, wouldn’t you want to be with Him more? Wouldn’t you trust Him more? If you really understood grace and mercy, wouldn’t you ask Him for help more often since those words really mean that He loves to help any time and all the time? If you could push pass your limited understanding of His unconditional, unsurpassed love for you, wouldn’t you lean into everything else He has for you?
Wouldn’t you lean into His peace? Wouldn’t you lean into His plans for your future? Wouldn’t you lean into Him because you’ve learned to understand that His goodness is way beyond understanding but its there just the same?
Will you take a chance on leaning into and on Him today just because He tells you that He’s there for you and wants you to trust Him with your life?
Power Thought:
 Proverbs says that in "all our getting, get understanding." Push past your limited understanding into the fullness of who He is for you, and rest in the peace of not knowing the "why" or the "how" but Who He is. For you.

No comments:

Post a Comment