Monday, October 20, 2014

Power OF Falling From Grace

Power of Falling From Grace

Key Scripture:  You have become estranged from Christ, ...you who have fallen from grace."  Galatians 5:4
Power Point:
     In the last few years I've had problems with my left knee.  For no reason at all, it would suddenly just give out on me and I would fall.  Until yesterday, I had always fallen gently and would rise unhurt.  Yesterday I had been out doing errands, and was walking toward the door of the local pharmacy. Suddenly, I felt my knee shift very hard and down I went, not gently, but a real "face plant".  Both knees hit hard.  My arms and wrists and right shoulder hit hard.  (I really need to talk to my angels about my promise from Psalm 91 that says they will not let me 'stumble or fall").  My knees are sporting lovely bruises from the impact, My wrists hurt as I type and my left arm is reminding me of the trauma.
     Falling can be devastating, can't it?  Fortunately, I'm bruised but not broken.  Lately, the Lord has been reminding me of a type of falling that can be really devastating-it's called falling from grace.
     God's ultimate goal for each of us is that we grow in grace and in knowledge of Him.  Honestly, until we grow in our understanding of Grace, we will have no real knowledge of Him, because grace is the foundation of who He is and what He does.  Without His help it's WAY past our understanding.
     You probably have had multiple opportunities to grow in grace through the "grace-growers" that God has introduced into your life.  Things would be just fine if "they" were not there, right?
The thing is, on our journey to becoming just like Jesus, grace is the cement that we need to make our footprints in.  When you think about it, Jesus had quite a few "grace-growers" in His life didn't He?  If God's nature is set in Grace, we have to be set there too, don't we?
Without His grace, we cannot love others and we cannot love Him.  Without the Spirit of Grace taking up more room in our hearts, our thoughts will not bear the right kind of fruit or they will bear NO fruit.
     When Jesus walks by your life today, He's looking to see the fruit of grace there.  You may have started out in grace but then something or someone caused you to fall from grace. Now your thoughts taste bitter.  You find yourself engaging in critical thinking. Instead of offering God's mercy and grace, you wall yourself off. Beloved, when you do that, you are walling yourself off from God too. You are sowing "seeds of gracelessness", which you will reap from eventually.
     Is there someone in your life that needs God's grace more than they need your ungracious correction?  Have you forgotten that in your spirit resides the Spirit of Grace, which always offers grace and mercy?  Have you fallen from grace in your thoughts, words and actions?  Well get back up!  Ask His forgiveness for misrepresenting Him.   Ask for His help to follow in His footsteps. Ask for the Spirit of Grace to produce His wonderful fruit in you.  Let the fruit of your lips be His words of kindness and grace. Let the fruit of your prayers be cemented in grace.  Let the fruit of your life represent that grace-full heart of God.  
     When I fell yesterday, God provided a man to help me up and walk me to my car.  When you fall from grace, the Helper will help you get back on your feet again. That's why He's called the Spirit of Grace.

Power Thought:
If you've fallen from grace, get back up! The Gospel without Grace is not Good News.











Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment