Monday, January 12, 2015

Power Of A New Language

Power Of A New Language

Key Scripture:  "They were all filled and equipped with the Holy Spirit and were inspired to speak in tongues-empowered by the Holy Spirit to speak in languages they had never learned!" Acts 2:4, TPT
Power Point:
       Over the many years I have contemplated that verse I always thought that  "languages they had never learned" meant Swahili, or Russian-you know, some other national language.  Today as I was reading it again for the first time, the Lord gave me a different perception. I realized that there was a language I never learned in my childhood.  Until the Holy Spirit opened my ears to His voice, I did not understand the language of encouragement. I knew how to point out your flaws, but never point out your future with Him, but inch by inch, as I follow the Leader, I'm beginning to understand and to speak this powerful new language. Fortunately, He is a good and patient Teacher.
     We will never hear the Voice of the Father, and understand it, unless we learn to understand His passion for encouragement. Let's face it, He knows every stupid, mean, and ugly thing I've ever done or said, and yet, He doesn't bring it up.  He may know that I am about to say a harsh word, but before I can, He'll say, "Do you really want to say that? Let me help you with that!"

For many years I would listen to certain words of condemnation, guilt, or discouragement, and think it was Him.  But I've learned to know His voice. It never contains any of those things.
Instead of putting me down, He is always pulling me up.
     If I'm allowing fear and doubt to control me, instead of asking me why I'm so faithless and, um, stupid, He will say "Remember when I promised to help you with that?"  He always reminds me of who He is and who I am to Him.
     Beloved, is it time for you to learn to speak a new language?  Our words are meant to point up, build up and keep us up.  That is the best representative of the nature of God and the Kingdom of God that I can imagine, and it's our job.  We are builders.  We are lovers.  We are encouragers. We are arrows pointing straight to the heart of God.  Every time we choose to bless instead of curse, to encourage instead of criticize, we are choosing the Higher Way. His thoughts and His words are always higher than we can imagine, but He's written us a letter that is full of them. If you've forgotten them, they're still there in black and white, but they are also engraved on your heart.
The greatest example of that is Jesus, of course.  He's brought heaven to our hearts, where "never is heard a discouraging word."
Power Thought:
We are filled and equipped by the Holy Spirit to be inspired and to fill and equip and inspire others.













Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work



No comments:

Post a Comment