Thursday, January 29, 2015

Power Of Recharging

Key Scripture:  "Therefore, I ask that you do not lose heart... Ephesians 2:13
Power Point:
     It doesn't matter how strong a Christian you are, tests and challenges can wear you down can't they?  The repeated blows, the constant battles, can make us think about sitting down and giving up.
     My friend David recently bought one of the new electric cars. It's a great car unless he forgets to re-charge it! As pretty as it is, and as nicely as it rides, if it's not re-charged, it's not going to do what a car should do.  He has to know the location of every charging station so that if his battery is low, he can take an hour or so to re-charge it.
     It's interesting to think that my faith can be electric.  It can conduct confidence, hope, peace, and courage through my heart.  It can SHOCK me into change and to action.  Sometimes, when I've not taken the time to recharge it, I end up with no power. 
     Just as our hearts can get out of rhythm and have to be shocked back into working properly, so our faith needs a recharging from time to time. Circumstances, and people, and doom and gloom prognosticators constantly attack the heartbeat of our faith.  If you've found yourself out of harmony with the heartbeat of heaven recently, then it’s definitely time to recharge.
     STOP right where you are.  The only way to stir up the gifts, the anointing, and the hope that is in you comes from His Words to you.  My words won't help you as much as His words will Beloved.  You need the affirmation and the Love that come from Him personally.  Christ lives in our heart, by faith, He lives and moves and guides and directs our lives as we release our confident assurance in His goodness and His power.  In tough times, we need to know that GOD IS FOR US!  He's on our side!  Is it time for you to "have a moment" or a few moments with Him?  Is it time for the water of the Word to cleanse away all the doubt and fear and panic, and simple fatigue? 
     As I understand it, electricity has to be grounded to work properly.  When we are grounded in the love of God, nothing can stop His abundant power from working in us. If you've been shocked by something unexpected in your life, shock your faith back into the steady rhythm of God's power by re-charging it with His promises. Remind yourself of His character and His nature and His determination to fight for your good.  He promises to reward your faith. Let me say that again!  "He promises to reward your faith!!!!!!"  Remember that! 
    One thing I love to do is to simply sit quietly with Him and ask Him who He wants to be for me in this current attack on my faith.  Then I ask Him who He wants me to be.  THEN, I ask Him to just love me.  I have to consciously dedicate time and thought to do that, but when I do, my faith is electrified.  There is nothing like the presence of His Love and His joy to start the steady rhythm of faith purring along again.
     When my faith is recharged, my life is recharged.  My thoughts are recharged. My dreams and hopes are recharged.   Beloved, until we live in the continual electric charge of heaven, we need charging stations.  Where is yours?


Power Thought:

    Is it time to recharge your heart back into to the rhythm of faith?











Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment