Monday, April 30, 2012

Power of The Realms of Possibility


Key Scripture:  “God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!  Ephesians 3:20, The Message
Power Point:
There are so many things in our lives that seem “beyond the realm of possibility” aren’t there?  We've thought about putting God in compartments in our lives. Actually we really only have two compartments on a regular basis don't we-things that are possible with Him and things that are not.
Sometimes I feel as though I have been inside a huge divine “sifter”, like the one I use to sift confectioners sugar to get the lumps out. During those times I feel as though I’m being sifted to death but when its finally over and the lumps of unbelief have been caught in the sifter I can see how much better I look without all those lumps and I blend in a lot better to God's plans for me.  
If you take a good hard look at your belief system, it may look completely different at church on Sunday than it looks at home when there is no one else to see. What you “believe” is what you think on and act on a regular basis.  I remember Peter Lord saying, “ You practice daily what you believe.  All the rest is just religious talk.”
Ouch.
So, let’s take a look at some common “lumps” of unbelief.   What is beyond the “realm of possibility for you?
-Healing? Possible or impossible?
-Financial provision? Possible or impossible.
-God being good to you all the time?  Possible or impossible?
-What about that prodigal child? Is his/her restoration possible or impossible?
-What about miracles happening in your life? Is that a possibility or an impossibility?
-What about a future filled with good plans and good things? Possible or impossible?
What is beyond the realm of possibility in your life?
Beloved, you must believe in the promises of God for you and His partnership with you. When you do that every single thing in your life is subject to change for the better. That’s all part of the good plans and the good future He has for you. I was talking to Him about this recently as I was coming through a “sifting time” where God was showing me my own areas of impossibilities.  He said to me, “Suzanne, I want you to begin to see your future with my goodness in it.” Well, I thought I had and then I realized He was “dead on”. Any time I begin to worry about anything in my future, I really am not believing that He has good plans for me and that He will provide for me miraculously in every situation in my life, forever and ever. Amen!
How about you?  Can you envision your future- you know, the part between “now” and “heaven”- with God’s goodness in your life every single day? Can you imagine abundance, and joy, and peace, and health, provision and transformation? Is there a compartment in your mind filled with all the things that you think are impossible? Are there realms beyond the possibilities of God’s power? Are you ready to allow God to sift out the lumps of unbelief and show you where you have declared Him to be powerless to change things?
Is your “impossible” compartment bigger than your “possibility" compartment? Is it time for a change?
Power Point:
You don’t want to just “talk” a faith filled life, you want to live it don’t you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment