Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Power Of Promises, Promises



Key Scripture:  All the promises of God are “yes and Amen!” 
Power Point:
     Broken promises are hard to take aren’t they? Have you ever noticed when children are small and their parents promise them something and  then they can’t or won't deliver? It’s "harsh", as my grandson Ben, would say. You can see the hurt on their faces and the disappointment. The deeper wound is that someone you loved and trusted promised you something and then let you down. That’s definitely harsh and definitely hard to take no matter how old you are.
     Over the years I’ve learned that when God promises me something He never breaks His promise.  He says Himself that His promises are always “YES!” and AMEN!” Unlike other people in our lives, nothing will cause Him to let you down. The thing I’ve also learned is that sometimes we have a role to play in the promise of the Promise. We have to learn that when everything is in total opposition to what God has told us, that’s our time to keep pushing through the barriers, and keep commanding those mountains to MOVE!
     Recently, a friend sent me a greeting card. I was going through a bad patch and was a little discouraged. When I opened it, there was a quote from Deuteronomy 15:6: “For the Lord your God will bless you just as He promised you.”   What I love most about God is that when He knows I’m discouraged, He encourages. When I am tempted to give up, He builds me up.
     Maybe today you find yourself in a tight place where you don’t see the slightest chance of God’s promises coming true. Maybe you're standing on the edge of a cliff and don't know what to do next. Might I suggest that you remind yourself that your situation does not depend on you. It does not depend on anyone else. It depends on God. You are not going to be disappointed in the faithfulness of your God. You will not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ.
For the Lord your God will bless you just as He promised you.
Power Thought:
"Let God's promises shine on your problems."  Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment