Thursday, May 23, 2013

Power Of Earnestness


Power Of Earnestness
Key Scripture:  “For from of old no one has heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen a God besides You, Who works and shows Himself active on behalf of him who (earnestly) waits for Him."  Isaiah 64:4
Power Point:
     When I was young, (back in the olden days) and a student did something wrong, the teacher would make you go to the blackboard and write over and over and over whatever it was they had done and declare that they would not do it again.
For example: I will not not talk in class.  I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. You get the idea.
    It might be a good idea to reinstate that little exercise in our own lives, don’t you think?  Actually, the Bible says it’s a good thing to declare what you WILL do. It might look something like this:
I will believe, I will believe, I will believe. I will believe.
     Did you know that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf today?
Waiting Earnestly
     Did you know that in Isaiah 64:4 it promises that He is always working on your behalf, preparing His good plans for you as you wait for Him. The term “wait” means to tie yourself to someone, in this case God. You tie a knot between you that nothing can untie. You continually “abide” in anticipation of what He is working out for you. You can do that because You understand that God is good, and His plans are always filled with hope.
    Why not get out a piece of paper today and write out the words that will bring a new phase of faith into your life?
I will not fear. I will not fear. I will not fear.
I will believe.  I will believe.  I will believe.
God is good. God is Good.  God is good.
He loves me. He loves me. He loves me.
He is working it out.  He is working it out. He is working it out.
I will wait with anticipation. I will wait with anticipation. I will wait with EARNEST anticipation. 
I will trust Him, I will trust Him, I will trust Him.
I will believe. I will believe. I will believe.
He’s working. I’m waiting. He’s working. I’m waiting.  He’s working. I’m waiting
Yes.
Power Thought:
The Rewards of Waiting On The Rewarder
I will earnestly wait. I will earnestly wait.  I will earnestly wait-
on the God who is earnestly working things out for my good. While I earnestly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment