Sunday, May 12, 2013

Power Of "Shut UP! Stupidhead!"




 Key Scripture:  
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh. He holds the enemy in derision”  Psalm 2:4
Power Point:
  Our little Hannah is a joy. She will be three soon but the “twos” have been interesting.  “Shut up!” is a term that is not spoken in my son’s house. Recently, Hannah began saying, “Shut Up, Stupidhead!”.  Oh dear. When she first began it was funny and we all laughed.  Then Kim would be pushing her through the grocery store and Hannah would get upset because she didn’t get something she wanted and she would say, LOUDLY, “Shut Up Stupidhead!”  She loves the responses it brings.
     As I’ve walked, (I use the term loosely), through this foot surgery and its aftermath I’ve put Hannah’s phrase into practice myself. One morning I woke up in incredible pain. I knew something was wrong, that the screw in my foot had probably shifted. In fact, I could feel it, as though a knife was cutting into the ball of my foot.  I prayed and my friend Julie came to pray over me.  I was in total agreement with her and we prayed in total faith. The screw remained right where it was. Darn!
      To backtrack a little- right after the surgery, Julie had taken me to the doctor, (she’s a VERY good friend), and when he said he would remove the screws in six weeks, she asked him how. He said he would just pull them out.  For the last 3 weeks that comment had been percolating in my brain. I
routinely had to cast it out.  After Julie left that morning, I began to declare what God had promised me for this procedure: He had said that He would be a miracle in it.  (Satan said, “You’ll probably have to have more surgery.”) I declared that 'this" was a good thing on the way. (Satan said, “This is going to be AWFUL!”), and so on, and so on. Each time I would declare a promise, Satan would declare a painful possibility. Then I remembered Hannah’s little phrase and I began to repeat it.  “You’ll need more surgery.”  Shut UP
Stupidhead!  “So where is your God?”  Shut UP Stupidhead!
     It was a game I played all the way to the doctor’s office. When I arrived we could see from the X-ray that the screw had definitely shifted. He said that my feet were healed enough to remove the screws.( a miracle indeed!)  As I sat in the chair, the doctor whipped off the dressing on the right foot. Dangling from the dressing was the pin. I hadn’t even felt it. As I sat, looking amazed at that foot, he pulled the pin out of the left foot. No pain.  The real miracle is that I was supposed to have had another three weeks of wearing bandages and really ugly boots. He made sure I didn’t have to. Thank you Jesus!
     I’m not sure that “Shut UP Stupidhead!” is scriptural but it sure helped my attitude toward the enemy. Every time I said it, it made me laugh a little, even in the midst of the pain. And Jesus had the last laugh.

Power Thought:
Stupidhead!
Sometimes the only way to stop those defeating, negative thoughts is to tell the enemy “Shut UP!” You don’t have to add the “Stupidhead” part unless you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment