Friday, November 15, 2013

Power Of Being Breathless


Key Scripture:   “Let everything that hath breath Praise the Lord.”  Psalm 150:6

Power Point:
    When was the last time something or someone took your breath away?
When was the last time you were speechless over something or someone?
When was the last time you really looked at God and realized all that He has planned for you and it took your breath away?
     When was the last time you called and He answered?  When was the last time you really said “Thank You” to Him?
     When my son was badly injured in a biking accident, it was really, really hard for him.  He had spent an entire year training for 20 or more hours a week to compete in an Iron Man Triathlon. In one second he went from being totally centered on the race and the three more weeks until its completion. Everything he ate, everything he did, had as its base, the big race.  In fact, he had done such a good job that his body was in the best shape of his life, and his times were amazing. One moment he was riding like the wind and the next moment he was in an ambulance with a severed clavicle.  He went from being in total control to having his situation control him. He went from seeing his dream within grasp to seeing it dissolve before his eyes.  He was one moment away from being depressed.
     Later that day when he was able to return home, his kids ran up to him and hugged him.  Suddenly everything was put into perspective. He still had what really mattered.  And in fact, as we have thought back over the accident, God had protected him from a much worse scenario. He had not hit his head and he was not paralyzed, just in need of a few repairs. The thought of what "might have been" makes me breathless over God's protection.

    The love of God is working around us, for us, and in us every day. He opens and shuts doors. He actually listens to us, and responds to us. God talks to US! He is, even in this moment, creating something amazing for you-to take you by surprise. He is right now working the situations in your life toward a "good" result. What if you lived your life anticipating that?
     As I think back over my life, the lives of my children and my friends, God’s goodness takes my breath away.  The moments when I am down, or tired, or just about ready to give up, He has never failed to show up for me.
That helps me to push through the hard times and know that He is breathing new life into me every time I ask.  I know that His presence surrounds me everywhere I am and everywhere I go. I know that His presence has blessed my children and my grandchildren and will continue to do that forever.
In forty years I have seen more miracles and experienced more of the joy of His presence than I ever thought possible. That is because He is the most faithful, kind, generous, loving Person on the face of the earth.  He really takes my breath away. How about you?
 Power Thought:

We can live breathless in Him every single day of our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment