Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Power Of Unrolling The Scroll


Key Scripture:  "Therefore resist and stand your ground…and having done all (the crisis demands), to stand firmly in your place.” Ephesians 6:13 Amplified
Power Point:
     I see Jesus sitting in the temple.  He unrolls the parchment and begins to read from Isaiah 61. He is declaring who He is and what He has come to do.
And then He re-rolls it and looks everyone in the eye and said “Today, this word is fulfilled in your presence.”
     Do you think that perhaps Jesus was giving us a perfect picture of how we are to live our lives successfully? When things are tough and we forget who we are and why we are here then perhaps we need to stand in front of the mirror and un-roll what God has spoken over us and to us, look ourselves in the eye and say, “Today this is fulfilled.” And then we Go and Do and Be all that God has called us to be; do all that He has called us to do. 
     There is a threefold instruction that the Lord gave me years ago. I always unroll it in tough times. 
1.  Remember.  I used to think that meant remember HIM, but now I know that it also includes, me remembering me.   I am to be purposefully intent to remind myself that I am His child and I am safely tucked in His heart.  Nothing can defeat me because He is on my side. I am an overcomer. 
2.  Meditate.  I’ve learned of course, that that means, roaring out His promises to me. It’s making His word first and foremost in my life and then refusing to allow the life to be choked out of it by my circumstances, and the lies that the Enemy tries to whisper in my ear.
3.  Anticipate His goodness.  Whatever else happens, I know that I am always surrounded by God’s goodness.  I will always be satisfied with the qualities of His goodness to me.  I will expect to see His goodness front and center in my life today, and tomorrow, forever and ever, Amen!

     If you think about it, those are the instructions that our Father has given to all His saints.  Take a stand and remember who YOU are and never forget who HE is.  Refuse to think less of either of you.  2 Peter 1 says that we have these great and extraordinary promises from Him, exceedingly great and precious promises, that we may become just as He is in this world; that we might bring heaven to earth.  That’s a major part of our job description.
     There’s no "bad" in "good”.  We need to remember that too.  God doesn’t wake up in the morning and decide, “Well, I think I’ll be good to someone today.” No, Beloved.  He is continually and consciously looking to and fro across the earth, to find someone whose heart is remembering, meditating on, and anticipating His goodness.  He’s looking for someone who’s standing in the valley of Trouble and unrolling the scroll of their life and saying, “This is who I am and this is what I will do.  This is who HE is and this is what He will do as my covenant partner. Let’s get on with it.”
     Would this be a good time to unroll those promises over your life? Why don't you go and stand in front of the mirror and unroll your scroll. And then begin to read what God has written in the book of your life. Read it out loud and very loud. Everyone needs to hear those words, the world, the flesh, the devil and especially you.
Power Thought:
Jesus spoke those words before He had done one heavenly thing on earth. The only words He had to go on were those from the lips of His Father, “This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” So are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment