Friday, November 8, 2013

Power of Thinking Better Than That




Key Scripture:  “Don’t become so well adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.”  Romans 12:1,2 The Message
Power Point:
     Years ago my friend Janet had her own design firm.  At one point, she was helping me add some of her special touches to my house.  I was about to make the wrong choice on something and she said to me, “Oh, I know you have better taste than that!”   I’ve never forgotten that. It made me think. And it made me laugh, (later).
You see I was in a “growth process”.  She knew a lot more about how things would look than I did.  She saw a bigger picture.  Trust me, this farm girl from Ohio needed some help to see the world differently.  I was way out of my league. The Lord had given us this beautiful new house and I wanted to honor Him by making it an excellent representation of His goodness.
     Don’t we all need that word of “encouragement” in our spiritual lives?  Aren’t there some places where God is saying, “You have better insight than that.” ? Or “”I think you can think better than that.”
     Don’t you want to go running through the rooms of the kingdom of God, exploring all that Jesus died to give you? Don’t you really want to grow in love, grow in grace, and excel in the life of the kingdom? Then guess what! You are going to have to allow Him to transform your old ideas so that they can “be better than they were”.  Beloved, you are a NEW creation.  What you thought yesterday is constantly being enlarged, and transformed and changed for the better.  That is, if you are asking Holy Spirit to Help.  If your mind is
transformed and renewed according to what God thinks, then what happens today will reflect that. 
     Today is an amazing day!  Why? Because you know better than you did yesterday.  Because you have the Presence of God, the Wisdom of God, the Power of God IN you.  In fullness.  Do you have a sticky issue?  He will help you get in touch with His wisdom.  Anything and everything in our lives is a target for God’s thoughts to raise us higher.
You have His own Holy Spirit, your resident genius, to help you think better than that. You might be surprised at His bright ideas!
Power Thought:
We always need to be thinking about what God is thinking about, in the way that He's thinking about it.


1 comment:

  1. Encouraging timely relevent Word for me, both then and Today! Thank You.

    ReplyDelete