Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Power Of His Affections



Key Scripture:
Power Point;
      Those people that drive us crazy on a regular basis do not bother God at all. I guess we shouldn't be surprised at that.  I was talking to Him about someone one day, describing her shortcomings. He said "I like her. She's the object of My affection!"  What?  I tried to probe a little deeper.  "But Father, she's not doing ANYTHING right!" 
"I know", He replied. "I have high hopes for her! She's the object of My affection, and My affection will change her life!"
I tried another tack. "But Father, You said that we need to live righteously, have faith and spend tons of time with You. She doesn't do ANY of those things." (I was thinking He must have missed the latest report on her activities, and I wanted to be sure He was up to date.)
 "I know. She's a perfect target for My grace and mercy."
 I gave up!
     
     The thing is, when we are filled with His Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness and self-control, we have the same Spirit that Jesus did.  We can live in the same Spirit that He did. 
     
     When was the last time you prayed for patience and left your prayer time thinking, "We'll I've asked for it and He promises to give it, so things should go "just swell". I will be completely patient from now on.  Within the next five minutes you've found yourself with 100 opportunities to use patience. It's actually a bit sneaky isn't it?  He promises us patience.  He provides us with patience. Then He provokes patience. Honestly, sometimes I'm just provoked! He gives us a chance and a choice to grow that fruit by placing us in the perfect situation where patience is necessary. I certainly wish He had chosen another way don't you?

     We always have the option to trust God for any of the fruit of the Spirit. It's there to grow in us until it reaches the point where it can touch the people around us.  You can't have mercy and grace for other people without giving it an opportunity to GROW in you.  The difference between us and our Heavenly Father is, His grace, mercy, love, patience, kindness, etc, have always been filled to overflowing.  He's continually stretching us so that we can be more like Him.       
He allows people in our lives that stir up the flesh or the spirit.  It's a test, Beloved.
     
     How you respond and relate to someone should be a reflection to them of the same way Jesus responds to them: unconditional love, great expectations; showing kindness and mercy and all the rest of the best that God has for them.
That includes encouraging them when they're weak in faith and gently pointing them to grace.
      In "The Shack", one of my favorite comments that God makes is, "I'm especially fond of you."

     Just think what those words would mean to someone who has done their darndest to mess up their lives!  What if you treated them the same way Jesus did and let them know that their future will still be amazing because God's arms are wide open for them and He has promised to lead them to a flourishing finish.

    They are the object of His affection. Shouldn't they be the object of our affections as well?

After all, He is especially fond of them. We should be too, don't you think?

Power Thought:
Consider it all joy...when your patience has a chance to grow. You'll be just perfect in the end.









Were you aware the "It's Time To Power UP!", the book, is available on Amazon.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment