Sunday, March 2, 2014

Power Of The Right Ingredients


Key Scripture:  "But also, for this very reason, giving all diligence, ADD to your faith... " 2 Peter 1:5
Power Point:
     Chocolate chip cookies are a big thing in my family. We are EXPERTS at making wonderful soft cookies; at least we were, when I used to cook.  We use fresh butter, and eggs and chocolate chips and my mom was always adamant about using natural vanilla extract.  To this day, I can taste the difference in artificial vanilla and will NOT eat anything with "artificial ingredients".
    I can remember being excited the first time I brought home a package of store-bought cookies. I got my glass of milk, opened the package and sat down for my treat. What a disappointment! They were not only hard as rocks, the flavor of artificial vanilla was awful and all the chemicals that had gone into them were NOT a good thing. They had put the wrong thing in the mix. They had taken shortcuts and chosen less expensive ingredients and when the final product was ready, it didn't measure up to the real thing!
     In my own life, if I want to have the "perfect mix" of God in my life, I have to add the right ingredients don't I? So do you, my friend!  If I want to have faith, I have to have an abundance of His words in my heart.  If I want to look like Jesus, then I have to add His Spirit to every step I take. If I want joy then I have to add a good measure of time with Him. A few minutes here and there will not produce the flavor I want in my life.
     Sometimes people look good on the outside but they're not adding the right ingredients to have a blessed life.  They've taken shortcuts.  Instead of peace, they've added anger.  Instead of hope, they've added disappointment.  The truth is that whatever we stir into our lives will be evident to other people. The artificial Christian will be evident after the first bite.
     The Pharisees are a prime example of that aren't they? They had added so much "law" to their lives that there was no room for "grace".  Because they didn't understand "grace"and love and mercy, they couldn't understand the love of God and they missed it.
     Taste and see that The Lord is good!  He has all the right ingredients, the BEST ingredients.
     His heart is pure love and kindness.  His thoughts are high about everyone. His Spirit is ready to mix in those same ingredients in us.  He's prepared a table of wonderful things for us to taste that will help us to know the real from the counterfeit. Kingdom life is a product of the power of God, taking its time to mix its wonderful flavors into His wonderful new creation.
Taste and see. He really is good! Why not ask Him to add the right ingredients to YOUR life?
Power Thought:
We are a result of whatever we mix into our lives.















Were you aware the "It's Time To Power UP", the book, is available on Amazon.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment