Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Power Of Replenishment



Key Scripture:  “…so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”  James 1:2,3
Power Point:
     My daughter and I were talking yesterday about a habit we both have of making sure that we replenish our “whatever” before it runs out.  When I look in my pantry and see that certain things are running low, and they are things I can’t live without, I go to the store and buy more before I need them.  That way I seldom run out of things that I need.
     I have some friends who wait until the last drop of something is gone and then go into crisis mode and have to put everything aside to run to the store and buy what they are out of.  They don’t WANT to run out but they tend to procrastinate.
     I’ve seen people do that spiritually haven’t you?  They know they are running low on spiritual sustenance. They know they should take time to replenish their resources but somehow other things are more important.  They wait until they are in crisis mode and then go running full tilt to the Throne and plead to be filled up.
    The unfortunate thing about that is that the supply that they needed was there all the time. There was an abundant supply-more than enough than they could ever use, waiting on their heavenly shelves.  I’ve heard people say and I certainly have experienced the truth that it’s a lot easier to receive the promises of God if you have spent time with Him. It's a lot easier to pass the test when you already know the answers.
   "Replenish” is to make full or complete again, to make up what is lacking.  Beloved, it’s important to keep our spirits stocked full of all that God has offered us.  Jesus never told us to pray for peace.  He told us to “take it.” He intended that we keep our shelves and ourselves well stocked.
     Every day we face test and trials.  Every day we have the opportunity to go to God and be replenished before we run out of spiritual strength.  I’ve learned the hard way that the words the Lord gives me in the morning WILL be tested in the coming days.  It’s so much easier to spend my time allowing Him to replenish my resources BEFORE I run out so that I can USE the resources that I have to push through a hard place instead of going into crisis mode and running around the problem trying to figure out how to get THROUGH it.
    Jesus is the best example of this isn’t He?  Before His day began, He spent time with His Father, listening and seeing from a heavenly perspective.  I’m sure at times the Father said, “Son, someone is going to try to hurt You today. This is what I want you to do.This is My promise to You.”  He spent whole nights in prayer after whole days of endless activity. He replenished Himself by being in heavenly places, before He actually NEEDED to be.  I can’t think of one time when Jesus called for help in the middle of a dire situation. He was always full.
     He preceded His tests with being fully replenished before He was in crisis.  He passed the test before He took it.
   
Power Thought:
  Faith and Patience do not come easily in crisis. That means that we have to stock them up before the crisis. We are replenished to fullness before we are empty;well stocked with truth that sets us free and full of His Spirit to guide us through.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment