Thursday, May 22, 2014

Power of HELP!



Key Scripture: "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”  John 14:13,14
Power Point:
     As I’ve mentioned before, my wonderful grandson, JD, has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It has been difficult to stabilize his blood sugars, which means that he feels badly most of the time. As I was praying for him last week, I heard the phrase, “Jesus is helping me!  JD is eleven. Although he is a great “pray-er”, sometimes in the thick of the battle, we need to simplify things don’t we?  Sometimes the only word I can utter is HELP!”  What I am encouraging JD to do is to ask Jesus to HELP! When he begins to feel the imbalance of the blood sugar, I’m asking him to say, Jesus is helping me!   When I am thinking about him, I say to Jesus, “Thank You Jesus for helping him.” 
     What if you did that in the middle of your situation today? What if you began to thank Jesus for His help wherever it’s needed?  What if you began to think about why Jesus came?  I think it was to HELP!


He came to turn sorrows into joy.  Are you sorrowful? He can HELP with that.
Are you sick in body or mind? He came to HELP with that.
Are your finances in bad shape? He can HELP with that!
Are you emotions in disarray?  He can HELP with that!
Is there a relationship that needs healing? Guess what!  He can HELP with that!

     In fact, there is nothing that Jesus can’t, and doesn’t want to do for you.
He understands how weak we are by ourselves-that’s why He came to HELP.  He doesn’t condemn us for needing help; He simply reminds us where to go to get it.

“Let us therefore, (because Jesus sympathizes with us), come boldly to His throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

     The term, “Come boldly”, means come without reservation, without holding back. To come with honest expressions and full and open speech. You ask.  He helps.
     As you read this Power UP! today, and any day, I hope you will take a moment to say, “Thank You Jesus, for helping JD!” His Gami would greatly appreciate it!

Power Thought:
Ben, David, JD
God is our refuge and strength. He is a very present help in time of need.
“Thank You Jesus for helping me!”

If you'd like to send JD a note of encouragement, just make a comment and I'll be sure that he gets it. Thank you for HELPING us.





Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts Unpublished Work.


    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment