Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Power Of Rainbows



Key Scripture:  “ The rainbow shall be in the cloud and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”  Genesis 9:16
Power Point:
     Recently, I saw this picture on Facebook.  I couldn’t stop looking at how extraordinary it was.  Of course the picture speaks for itself, as the storm was drawing the colors from the rainbow, the rainbow remained unchanged. It remained full of color.
I guess the reason that this spoke to me was that I have always looked at rainbows as a symbol of God’s promises to me.  What this storm was trying to do was to rob the rainbow of its power for color and life.  That’s what storms always try to do isn’t it?  They want to drain the color from our faces, the dreams from our hearts, and the promises of power from our faith.
If you look carefully, you will notice that nothing has diminished the rainbow.  It is still there in all its glory. But the storm is now being consumed with the colors of the rainbow. The storm is being transformed, not the rainbow.
     Since I have earned my graduate degree in surviving the storms of life, this gives me great hope.  What do I see?  Glad you asked!

I see that God’s promises always maintain their life and their color. They never fade.

I see that God’s promises change the atmosphere of any storm that comes against us. 

I see that the storm may initially look more powerful, but the rainbow remains intact.

I see that God always sees the rainbow. It’s been placed between heaven and earth forever.  Whenever God looks at earth, He sees the glorious beauty of the covenant promise He has made with us.

I see that if we choose to see the rainbow over our lives, we will continually be reminded of the covenant promises of our Father.  No storm is bigger than God’s promises to us is it?
No problem is bigger than God’s promises to us is it?
   
     Like Abraham, we need to know what God has promised us, and then we need to stop the storms from draining the color from them. We need to follow Him to find the pot of gold at the end.
      If you’re feeling a little pale today, look up Beloved. There’s a whole sky full of promises for you from the One who loves you so very much. Reach up and pull them down.
Your atmosphere will change color-and so will you!
Power Thought:
Keep going for the pot of gold.






Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work



No comments:

Post a Comment