Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Power Of The Spirit Power


Key Scripture: "But the fruit of the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its various expressions."  Galatians 5:22, TPT
Power Point:
     What I understand is that I can't be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, and gentle without the Power of the Holy Spirit. I know that because I've tried!  Many times.  I can be all those things in short spurts but not for the long haul.

I am as patient as I want to be for the most part.
I can be as patient as HE wants me to be when I let Him fill me, and lead me.
        
     It always surprises me at how we, as Christians, get the wrong impression that becoming like Jesus is hard work, when, in fact, the Spirit of God IN us, is perfectly ready, willing, and able to BE what we need Him to be in us and to Do what He's promised to do. The thing is, we just don't always want to let Him do that.
     When my grandchildren were here last week, we talked about the Holy Spirit and how He is IN us.  I gave each of them a brightly colored bag with their name on it.  Inside I had printed off the fruit of the Spirit in individual cards. We talked about how sometimes we grit our teeth and try to work up "joy", or "peace", or even "love". In fact, we have all those things in us right now, and all we have to do is reach inside and pull them out. It's just as easy as pulling those cards out of the bag.

     We recognise policemen by the uniform that they wear.  We recognize Doctors by their white coats. As Christians shouldn't we be recognized by the fruit of the Spirit that flows out of us by His power?  Shouldn't our actions be filled with the fruit of the Spirit?  Shouldn't our words be flowing with His fruit?  When people spend time with us, shouldn't our demeanor reflect His demeanor.     Okay. I admit that there is a hard part. Winning the battle over our flesh can be a real challenge can't it? There is an ongoing, all-out war to make those nasty little thoughts and unkind words that are fighting to come out of our mouths yield to kindness, and gentleness and self-control.
     And yet.  When we yield to Him, He empowers us to do what we need to do, and to say what we need to say.  We offer Him our flesh and He exchanges it for Life as He knows it and has it. I believe that's called "transformation". 
      Beloved, we were never meant to live the Christian life on our own. Those battles were meant to be fought in the Power of the Spirit. Is it time that you stopped trying to be holy without the Holy Spirit? Is it time to yield to His fulness in you and let it come out in full force?
     You bet it is.
Power Thought:
The greatest privilege that we have is to abide in Him and then see Him reveal His true nature through us.









Copyright (c) 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished 

No comments:

Post a Comment