Thursday, August 9, 2012

Power Of Being Done



Key Scripture: Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart” Psalm 27:14
Power Point:
One of the best things about Thanksgiving is when we all sit down to a wonderful meal with our families. When people come in the door and smell all the fantastic smells, the question is usually voiced, “When will the turkey be done?” Ah-the anticipation. I can remember thinking that after ten hours (or so it seemed) in the kitchen I was ready for it to be done.  And then when the whole meal was consumed in ten minutes it almost seemed impossible that it had taken that much work. But what a joy it was to come to the table.
For the last year, as you know, I have been working on preparing a “Power UP!” manuscript. Many of you have asked, “Is it done yet?”  The good news is that it went to the publisher today and should be ready for Christmas. It was hard, it was easy, it was difficult and it was a great joy to take that journey. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. I have said to myself a dozen or more times today, “I’m done!” but it really hasn’t sunk in yet.
So life goes on. Now I can enjoy writing as I love to do and not feel guilty that I’m procrastinating on something I didn’t know how to do. My friend Peter sent me a word that I had been in the “valley of decision”. There were many times when I could have closed down the whole operation but I felt so deeply that God had a calling on it and so I persevered. In fact, two weeks ago I was sitting playing a game on my IPad and just sort of off-handedly said to the Lord, “Lord I need a little encouragement.” A moment later I heard the “whirr” on my IPad telling me I had a message.  It was from my friend Biddie telling me how much she enjoyed the “Power UP’s”. God is so good.
Frankly, I’ve never been fond of persevering. I’d rather have simple blessings added quickly, thank you very much. Persevering can take a long time and it’s not usually easy but it does develop good muscles in our spirit so I guess I need to do it.
I have persevered with joy and I have arrived at fullness of Joy. It’s a wonderful place to end up.
I hope you’ll take the opportunity to bless the ‘Power UP!” as it makes its journey onward. I’ve given birth and I’m a little tired but the baby will be well cared for, I’m sure.
Thank you for being such faithful encouragers and thank you for sharing the devotionals that touched you most. I love knowing that God’s words are watering hearts so they can become all He has designed for them to be.
Power Thought:
In His presence is fullness of joy. That’s where I intend to sit for the next few days. Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment