Friday, August 24, 2012

Power of Staying Calm


Key Scripture: "Abide in Me, and I will abide in you"  John 15:7
Power Point:
For the last year or so I have taken the advice of Liberty Savard. She is the author of a little book called “Binding and Loosing for Beginners.” It’s been really helpful.  She looks at the terms “binding” and “loosing” a bit differently and as I’ve studied it, I can agree with her. The word “bind” means to tie yourself to something. The word “loose” means to separate yourself from something. At any rate, no matter how you look at it her suggestions have blessed me.
Each morning I bind my plans and purposes to the plans and purposes of my heavenly Father.
I bind my thoughts to the thoughts of Jesus and I bind my emotions to the calm and balance of Holy Spirit’s emotions. I have been blessed with amazing results.
When you are yielding your agenda to His, all of heaven breathes a huge sigh of relief.
When you are daily transforming your thoughts with the healthy, life-giving thoughts of Jesus you will breath a huge sigh of relief.
And when you are allowing Holy Spirit to breathe out His calm, faithful optimism in to your soul-well, it does amazing things.
In case you want to try it, here’s what I pray:
Father, I bind my plans to Your plans and purposes today knowing that they are always good and they always give me hope for the future.
Jesus I bind my thoughts to Your thoughts today knowing that they enable me to have a fresh perspective on things in my life and abundance in my life.
Holy Spirit, I bind my emotions to the calm and balance of Your emotions because I know that Your love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness and self-control will bear good fruit in my life.
The “loosing” part is important too. I loose from myself all wrong patterns of thinking, all doubt, all negative thoughts and behaviors that keep me stuck.
I hope you’ll try it. It has been so eye opening to see what God will do when you give Him the chance. Remember-He’s in you and He wants to get out!
Power Thought:
Being calm, cool and collected has its distinct advantages. Abiding in Him allows us to be bound to His calm and balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment