Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Power OF Random Of Kindness



Key Scripture: “Add to your faith…kindness.” I Peter 1:7

Power Point:
     Governor Deal has declared August 20, to be “Random Acts Of Kindness” Day in Georgia. When you think about it, kindness really is a good thing whether it’s random or whether it’s in Georgia or anywhere else.
     Recently, the Lord has been showing me such extraordinary acts of kindness that I know can only be from Him. The other day I was in the grocery store with a really full cart and I was very tired. As I thought about unloading all those groceries for the check out, I sighed and thought, “I wish I had someone to help.” Within seconds, the bag boy walked around the counter and started putting my groceries on the belt. I love kindness.
     As I’ve been working on the “Power UP!” book I hit a huge wall and had no idea how to move forward. My daughter, Stefanie, stepped in and took over and did what I could not do. I love kindness.
     As I began writing this I began to think of the many people in my life who are simply kind. My prayer group friends love to pray for people with needs and then they add feet to their prayers by rolling up their sleeves and doing whatever needs to be done. Sometimes that may involve money and sometimes it may involve going out of their way to show someone kindness. I’m blessed to know them and to have received their kindnesses many times. They are definitely ‘Good Samaritans” with skirts on.
     My daughter in law, Kim is always preparing meals for someone who needs help or she 
watches someone’s children for them when they’re in a tight spot. What a good example she is for my grands. Did I mention I love kindness?
     Today, as you read this I hope you’ll ask Holy Spirit what you can do today for someone else to show them kindness. I’ll bet He can hardly wait to show you off as you follow His lead. Remember, no act of kindness is too big or too small. In fact, He began in my life last night.  Julie and I had been praying for people for about three hours. We were tired and we were hungry so we stopped at a drive through to get something to eat. The young man at the window told us how much it was and then said, “But the people in front of you paid for your meal.” It was such a lovely gift. It encouraged us so much that we paid for the meal of the people behind us. Kindness is contagious.
     Kindness is a choice just as everything else is a choice. It’s a lovely way of choosing life isn’t it?  I read a sign recently that said, “You’re always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel.” We never have an excuse for not being kind do we, especially when the King of Kindness lives in our hearts?
Wouldn’t it be lovely if everyone chose to be kind-at least some of the time? Today it begins with you. You get to choose to be “Jesus with skin on.” for someone, or maybe for many “someones”. Your choice.  I’m thinking we should choose it more often. How about you?
Put a smile on your face and take Holy Spirit’s hand and run off to see the surprising kindnesses He wants to show through you today. At the end of the day, see how you feel. You might want to do it again tomorrow!

Power Thought:
Being kind is just being Jesus with skin on. Pay it forward. He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment