Thursday, September 26, 2013

Power Of All In Your Head

Power of "All In Your Head"
Key Scripture:  “God looks down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there are any who understand, who seek Him.”  Psalms 53:2
Power Point:
Trust me, there have been many times when I’ve been told that something is “all in my head”.  I think that meant that I was dreaming up something all on my own; that it wasn’t real but a figment of my imagination. I’m sure there have been times when that has been true.
BUT! I’ve been reading a book recently called, “The Life Of Faith” by Mrs. C. Nuzum.  It’s an old classic and in it she describes the difference between head faith and heart faith. It’s crystal clear when you think about it.
     I’ve always known that unless I apply what I know, it won’t do me a bit of good.  Mrs. Nuzum puts it this way:

Head faith looks at surroundings, difficulties, and hindrances.
Heart Faith looks at things desired and promises of God and refuses to see hindrances, laughs at impossibilities and cries, “IT SHALL BE DONE!”

Head faith investigates as to how God is working and as to the progress and results.
Heart faith clings to His word, even when there is nothing in evidence.

Head faith gives up easily.
Heart faith says, “I will NOT let You go until You bless me!”

God does not see head faith. “The Bible says that God looks on the heart. He sees heart faith, even when it is as small as a grain of mustard seed and will never fail to say to that faith, “Be it done unto you according to your faith!” (Matthew 9:29)

Power Thought:


So Beloved, is your faith “all in your head” or is it on display for God to see today as He looks at your heart? 

No comments:

Post a Comment