Sunday, September 22, 2013

Power Of Weeping



Key Scripture:  “And Jesus wept.”  John 11:35
Power Point:
     It occurs to me that sometimes we think being strong means that we never have a moment when we can just cry, and cry out to God when things are hurting. As a people who have learned to “declare, think on and only speak what God speaks”, we have a mistaken impression that it’s a sign of weakness to cry.
     And yet tears are healing.  Tears are a wonderful release that make room for joy to return. When our insides are like a pressure cooker, when the pressure is turned on high, we can release it through tears.  That brings us back to the place of peace where we can again declare, think on and speak what God is speaking.
     God is actually quite fond of our tears.  In fact, He keeps every one in a bottle.
Psalm 34:17 says, The righteous cry and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.”  Are you aware today that God is on alert for the teary places in our lives?  Did you know that even as the tears are falling, God is coming to meet you with comfort, solutions, wisdom, and joy? In fact, the result of our tears is joy.  Those who sow in tears, shall reap in joy.”  
     A friend gave me that scripture many years ago when my husband died.  It was a time of tears. Ecclesiastes tells us that there is a time to weep and that was my time.  I think the thing I learned during that time was that I could sow my tears and expect the joy of the Lord to return to me. I was never without hope, because I was never without Him.
     We can never let tears be our stopping point Beloved. Tears are to release what is in us so that we can be restored, and filled with His joy.  Even as I learned to sow my tears, I sought diligently and desperately to strengthen my faith.  I knew that only my faith in His goodness would restore my joy.
I didn’t let the tears stop me from knowing that He was right there with me.  His heart was broken at my sadness and as I offered my tears in faith. He enveloped me with the power of the future He had laid up for me; a good future to give me hope.
     So if you are in the Valley of Tears right now, look around. God is right there beside you, shedding His own tears for you and with you.  When the tears have finished falling, His great love will enfold you and His grace will lead you to the place where you can remember His faithfulness and press on to tomorrow with greater strength.  And joy.
Power Thought:
"Weeping may last for the night but JOY comes in the morning.”  (Psalms 30:5)
Don’t ever forget that, Beloved.


 "When I Cry"
Gaither Vocal Band

No comments:

Post a Comment