Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Power Of Letting NOT!



Key Scripture:  “Let not your heart be troubled.  Believe!  John 14:1
Power Point;
     Recently I found a great treasure in this verse. When I looked it up in the Greek, the words, “Let not” mean “God forbid!” It means Do not even let the THOUGHT of something enter your head!  Don’t even consider it!” The word for “troubled” means to be agitated and stirred up.  Ever been there?
Jesus is saying,
"Don’t even let the thought of fear, or worry, or discouragement keep you stirred up and agitated all the time. Only Believe!”
There are some other places where we hear those words as well.  Here are a few:
Matthew 1:19 When Joseph considered the possibility of setting Mary aside. The angel appeared and said, “FEAR NOT!” (God Forbid!) Don’t even think about that!
Matthew 6:25  Jesus said, “Take NO THOUGHT” for your life –what you shall eat or drink or about what you will wear.”  In other words "God Forbid"" that you should take a thought that denies the provision of Your heavenly Father. Only believe.
Matthew 7:1 "God forbid that you should" take” judgmental thoughts about others. Uh oh.
Luke 24:38  "God forbid" that you should be stirred up and agitated; that you should allow doubts to arise in your hearts.
John 14:1  God forbid that you should let your hearts and minds be stirred up, agitated  and fearful.  Why?  If you believe in God, believe also in Me,
and you will have privilege of living in the same peace I lived in. I am leaving you MY PERFECT PEACE.  "God forbid" that you do not “take” it.
     We are to actively forbid any thought that is not good, or that is harmful or discouraging. We are to actively believe what God says.  The Word for “believe” in the NT is used to mean an absolute conviction about someone or something. It means “saving faith” which saves you.
In Philippians 4:8 Paul reminds us again that our thoughts are what bring us His peace.  God forbid that we should think anything that troubles us or stirs us up and agitates us.  Often when I turn on my washing machine and the “agitator” begins to “agitate” my clothes, I can relate!  Sometimes when I have ignored God’s counsel and begun to think fearfully, and doubtfully, I know how those clothes feel. I’m learning that when the chief Agitator comes to stir me up, I can say, “GOD FORBID! God forbid that I should take that thought, and then I say, "That's what you say Satan, this is what God says!"
Beloved, you are in charge of the thoughts that you think.  You get to choose what will bless you and what you will allow to remain in your thinking.  God forbid that you should LET your heart be stirred up and agitated all the time when perfect Peace has already been given to you.
Power Thought:
Peace is your inheritance.  Is it time to claim it?

No comments:

Post a Comment