Friday, September 13, 2013

Power Of A Glass Ceiling



Key Scripture:  "And the street of the heavenly city was like pure gold, like transparent glass."  Revelation 21:21
“Before the Throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal.”  Revelation 4:6
Power Point:
I know you’ve probably seen signs in a candy store, saying, “Look but don’t touch!” (I think a mom probably put it there.) Just go back into a memory in your own life where you were allowed to “look” but you were never permitted to touch what was right in front of you.
     Have you ever felt that way about the Kingdom of Heaven and all the wonderful things you read about that are waiting for you there?  The other day the Lord showed me that its exactly like having a glass ceiling over our heads.  We can see what’s above the glass but when we try to raise our hands to grab hold of something we hit that thick glass ceiling.  I don’t know about you, but I’ve bumped my head more than once trying to break through it. I don’t know if you’ve ever bumped into a glass door but I have.  OUCH!  You can’t even see that its there sometimes but it presents a real barrier to getting where you want to go!
     As I thought about that thick ceiling I began to see it crack.  What was cracking it?  The Lord said that the glass ceiling is formed by our thoughts. We can “see” the kingdom of heaven and we “know” that there are good things right above our heads but until our thoughts become transformed into “heavenly” thoughts, we’ll never be able to break through.  I was asking Him about a particular area of my life.  The more I talked with Him, the more I realized that indeed, that “train of thought” was keeping me from a breakthrough into kingdom life. So- I changed my mind! As I began to add God’s thoughts to mine I could see myself reach up and break off a piece of the glass. Immediately Jesus grabbed my hand and pulled me up to where He was.
     You need to know that the whole ceiling did not disappear at once.  As we began to talk about other things I was not thinking “higher” about, I agreed to change my mind each time.  Then I could reach up and break off another piece.  Just think how amazing the day will be when there’s not one tiny shard of glass ceiling left over our heads; when every thick, earthbound thought has been broken off and we have free access to the Kingdom of God. Of course, we already have the access, it’s just that “old thinking” keeps us from experiencing the results of “New thinking”.
     Do you have an area where you find yourself unable to stand up straight and tall because of a thick glass ceiling over your head?  Wouldn’t it feel great to be able to see it crack and disappear? Of course it would.
     Ask Holy Spirit to help you to see where you’re forming a barrier to Kingdom living by your thoughts.  Ask Him to give you a new perspective, His perspective, in that area so that you can stand a bit taller in the spirit.
Power Thought:

God loves the transparency of glass.  He loves for our faith to be apparent and transparent. It should be obvious to everyone. Only His thoughts about you and your situation will keep you in that place of crystal clear thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment