Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Power Of Giving Birth

Key Scripture:  “Shall I bring to the point of delivery and not give birth?”, says the Lord.”  Isaiah 66:9
Power Point:
     You’ve probably heard the term “push” when it applies to a woman giving birth. When I awoke this morning, I heard the word “push”.  I was reminded of the day when my son David was born.  I didn’t know the first thing about Lamaze.  I didn’t have a plan, I just planned to have a baby.
     And you know what?  I never needed to “Push”.  When I got to the hospital, the doctor was really disgusted because it looked like this was going to be a long night.  He went downstairs to get a sandwich.  Within 45 minutes he and his staff were running beside my gurney, pushing me down the hall to the delivery room, because my son, David, had decided he wanted to come NOW. As he made his somewhat speedy way into
the world, the clock said ll:59:59. The doctor said, "Do you want his birthday to be the 9th or the 10th?" I even got the choose the day!
    In  Isaiah the Lord says,Shall I bring to the point of birth and not give delivery?  …Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?”
     Beloved, is there a promise deep inside you that hasn’t been birthed yet?
Has everyone around you looked at your situation and thought, “It’s never going to be born!”  Beloved, God has promised that the promise He has given you is profitable.  He has promised that it is never going to be ineffective.  He has promised to bring it to pass.
He has promised to help you to give birth. 
     The thing I loved about giving birth to my son was that he did the whole thing.  I never had to “push”. In fact, I was just holding on for dear life as he made his entrance.  The doctors didn’t help. The nurses didn’t help. In fact, David orchestrated the whole thing!    I’ll never forget the nurse coming in and looking and saying, “Oh, my God this woman is having a baby!” Finally someone believed me! God had evidently decided that David’s time was NOW and He whispered in David’s ear, and encouraged him on his way. Nothing could stop him.
     Your promises are much the same way Beloved.   God knows the exact time and date that it needs to be born.  He chooses the date. He initiates the process of birth and one day soon, you will find that you have given birth. Your job is to nourish that promise, to keep it well watered and give it room to grow.
     Your heavenly Father will not bring you to the time of birth and not deliver what He promised.  It’s just not His nature.  During all this time of expectant waiting, He’s been creating exactly what you’ve asked Him for.  He’s been delighting in forming the answer to the desires of your heart. And you won’t even need to “Push”. That promise will be right on its due date.
Power Thought:
Giving birth is the most amazing thing in the world.  Is today your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment