Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Power Of ROARING!


Key Scripture: “...meditate on it (My Word) day and night.”  Joshua 1:8
Power Point:
A lot of times we think of meditation as just sitting quietly and thinking about what God has said.  That’s not a bad thing to do of course, but it’s not the only way that we are encouraged to meditate.
The word for “meditation” in scripture may surprise you. It means to  murmur, to growl. It's used to describe a lion roaring over his prey.” 
     I knew that Romans 10:17 says, "faith comes from hearing God’s word", but I had somehow interpreted that as “faith comes by READING God’s word.” Then recently I heard someone suggest that we need to read His words aloud. It sounded like a good idea but I didn’t do it right away. The next week, someone said, “Faith comes by HEARING!” Oh.
     Do you think that perhaps when I read His words out loud, I hear them better? I do! I decided to examine the concept of roaring. Sometimes I’m a little slow on the uptake but I do know that when God tells me something THREE times, I need to do it. And so I began. I took one chapter and began to read it aloud each morning. I couldn’t believe the difference in how it resonated in my spirit. Throughout the day I would find myself “hearing” it again and again.
     As I’ve walked through this last year, its been a difficult one.  I remember Queen Elizabeth saying that one very bad year for her had been an “annus, horriblus” which in Latin means “horrible year”. I can certainly sympathize.

But before I even began this year He had given me promise after promise. He promised that this year would be a year of abundant grace.  I thought that those promises were awesome and very exciting at first, and then “annus horriblus” began with a vengeance. I couldn’t seem to hear them as loudly as I once did, but when I began to not only read them but to ROAR them. I found my Spirit getting  recharged in a way I could not have imagined.  Because I have been a student of the Word for almost 40 years, I realized that I “knew” it so well that I was “speed reading” a lot of the time.  When you do that you are quite likely to miss important words that Holy Spirit wants to highlight. Frequently they are little words that seem insignificant when you read them, (or speed read right past them), yet they are often the key to unlock what God is trying to tell you.
     I’m hearing what God is saying and my understanding is increasing daily. Beloved, that’s what His intention is when we “hear” the word.  I realized that even though I listen to many godly men and women teaching the word, it is much more powerful when I read it myself.
-Meditating on His Word means that we ROAR it out until it is louder than any other noise trying to distract us. 
-Meditating on  His Word means that you get to hear it coming out of YOUR mouth. It has to be loud enough for YOU to hear it, for the enemy to hear it, and for God to hear it. That's been the plan all along.
     Roaring is essential to making your way prosperous. God told Joshua that if he would meditate (ROAR!) on what God told him day and night, that his life would become prosperous and successful.  If God doesn’t change, then His counsel doesn’t change. The same promise and counsel applies to you, Beloved.
So? Start ROARING!
Power Thought:
After this a voice ROARS; HE thunders with HIS majestic voice…
…God thunders marvelously with His voice. Job 37:3-5

When you roar, God roars right along with you. Now that's a GREAT thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment