Sunday, February 22, 2015

Power Of "STUFF"


Key Scripture:  "To truly know Him meant letting go of everything from my past..."  Philippians 3:8 TPT
Power Point:
     In the process of getting ready to put our house on the market, I've been told to de-clutter.  The painters came this week to take down wallpaper and paint. In order for them to do that, I had to take down "stuff". I thought I would be sad to see things change.  Imagine my surprise when I walked through the rooms and felt the house had come back to life.
A little surprised, and truly energized, I began re-arranging things, removing "stuff" with greater enthusiasm and freshening the look. It was fun!
     "Stuff" was everywhere!  There were so many mementos of this or that. We've had to get rid of a ton of books.  They had been kept tucked away for far too long. No one was getting the blessing from them while they were tucked away in my closets.  My friend, Marion recently moved to her new home. She had been de-cluttering for a year or more.  Her comment was, "GET RID OF MORE!" 
     The thing is, as life happens, we tend to collect "clutter" don't we?  STUFF. As  I'm removing the “stuff”, I ‘m seeing things that I hadn’t really noticed in a long while. It was just part of the landscape.  Now I can choose what needs to remain and what needs to go, not with a feeling of sadness but with a new excitement and anticipation about the future.
     God has a place prepared for each of us. I have no idea where my next place is, but I know it will be wonderful.  That's just how He works. I don't want to move into the NEW place He has for me through this walk of faith, and drag bags of OLD things there.  Instead of being a sad thing, this is becoming a very liberating moment.  It's an opportunity to allow myself to examine some of the "stuff" that is cluttering up not just my physical house but my spiritual house; OLD habits, OLD thought processes that drag me down, and fill my mind with OLD MAN CLUTTER which keeps me from walking, and running into the NEW.

     Like Abraham, I have no idea where I am going. I'm just "going out" to the place He has prepared for me. And that's the word He has given me for this journey;  "Suzanne, I have prepared THE PLACE for you." I'm excited!
     I have a friend, whose house recently burned to the ground.  Everything was a total loss.  She has nothing from her past to take into her future.  The truth is, for the most part, that was a good thing. She was a hoarder.  She had recently come to that realization and had begun to sort through all the "clutter" to get rid of it.  It was a huge task. As a result of the fire, her whole life is moving forward without all the clutter of the past.  She's free. And she's taking advantage of it. She's making NEW decisions because she is free of the clutter of the old.  She has a NEW outlook on life, and a hope for the future.
Beloved, we all have clutter that we don't see.  The Lord is so ready, willing and able to help you with that.  What are the things in your life that are holding you back from walking into all the NEW He has for you? Are there some fears you need to throw out?  Have they just been there so long that you don't even notice them for what they are anymore?
     And what about the treasures hidden underneath the clutter?  Wouldn't it be nice to put them out so that you can see them everyday?  What about the treasures of His kindness in every part of your life?  What about the treasure of His Faithfulness and His plans for you?  Shouldn't that be what we look at every day?
Is it time to dust off the treasures and make room for them again? Is it time to de-clutter your space and make sure that everything you see is valuable to your future and honoring to your past?         
Is it time for "Off with old and on with God's NEW!"

Power Thought:
 My advice to you?  GET RID OF MORE!














Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment