Friday, February 13, 2015

Power Of Loving One Another



Key Scripture:  "If we love one another, God abides in us and His love has been perfected in us."
I John 5;12

Power Point:
     At this "loving" time of the year, I was blessed by this list from Steve Backlund.  Instead of t-r-y-i-n-g to love overs, let's begin to declare that we DO!
THE SCRIPTURE:
"If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us."  I John 5:12
"Love never fails".  I Corinthians 13:8

THE DECLARATIONS:

*    I am known in heaven and earth as one who loves well.
*    My life overflows with God's love, making it impossible for me not to love others.
*    Instead of allowing issues in the lives of others to be a barrier, I choose to love people into
*    wholeness.
*    People's responses to me do not determine how I love them.
*    I have a gift for seeing through the dirt and finding the gold in others.
*    One of  my greatest joys in life is showing extravagant love to my family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, acquaintances, and random strangers.
*    I have great wisdom in knowing when to set boundaries that establish what I can and cannot do in loving others.
*    My ability to love is not dependent upon how I feel or circumstances in my life.
*    I am permanently tapped into Heaven's infinite supply of love.

THE BREAKING OFF OF AGREEMENT WITH THESE COMMON LIES


*    If I show love toward someone before they clean up the mess    in their life, they will have no incentive to improve.
*    My prophetic gift allows me to easily see what's wrong with people therefore making it difficult for me to love them.

THE WISDOM TO ADD TO DECLARATIONS:

Become continuously aware of God's love for you- It's His love for you that empowers you to love others (see 1 John 4:19).  The more we experience His love, the easier we love others.

Learn to love yourself-The Scripture "You shall love your neighbor as yourself"  (Mark 12:31), reveals loving ourselves as being a vital key that helps us love others.

Believe in the power of love-Even the most difficult person to love is longing to be loved.  The very act of you loving them will help them put down their defenses and step into their God-given identity.

BIBLICAL SUPPORT:

Ephesians 4:29

Grace is imparted when we hear life-giving declarations

Steve Backlund
Unlocking Your Future

No comments:

Post a Comment