Sunday, February 15, 2015

Power Of Rest


Key Scripture:  "My faith does not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God."
2 Corinthians 2:5
Power Point:
    At the beginning of this year, the Lord showed me that this was to be my year of "rest".
I was ready.  It's been a rough couple of years. Then I realized that a promise like that usually is going to require me to walk through places where I have to choose to be at rest.  And that only happens when my faith rests in the power of God.

My faith does not REST in the economy. It RESTS in the power of God.
My faith does not REST in the doctors.  It RESTS in the power of God.
My faith does not REST in people.  It RESTS in the power of God.
My faith does not REST on what the "naysayers" have to say.  It RESTS in the power of God.

     My faith rests.  It is at rest. It rests in peace as I meditate on the goodness of my heavenly Father, and the extravagant, exceptional release of all of HIs power in my life. It rests in His wrap around protection.  It rests in His promises.  It rests in His nature, His character, and His Name.
     In Hebrews 4 we're told that we always have the promise of entering into HIS rest.  (What if you were as restful and peaceful as God?)  It describes the wilderness experience of the children of Israel who had all the promises of God, and the specific promises on a daily basis from Him. Yet, they never got to enter into His rest because they never exercised faith in His promises. Why?  They did not have faith in the One who promised.  
     Only Believing allows us to enter into His rest.  Hebrews 3:!4 says "We become
partakers of Christ, (sharers, companions, participants) IF we hold the beginning of our confidence, STEADFAST to the end.  Hold on! Do you remember how excited you were at the beginning of your faith walk?   You marched bravely out on to your new path. Nothing was going to stop you now. Then suddenly, obstacles appeared, discouragement came and you lost your confidence in the powerful goodness of God to take you through that particular valley.
     You cried out for peace, but there was no peace.  Why? You'd lost the sparkling beginning of confidence.  Go back and find it.  Take it.  Return to the Source of your joy.  Enter in to His rest.
You can do that because Your Savior, the Hero of the world, lives in you and has prepared a glorious future for you. God won't reward doubt and unbelief. He rewards faith.  Only believe.
     Faith comes by hearing and understanding that your faith does not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
      Is it time for a rest from the rest of your life?  Will you stir up your sparkling confidence again and make this a year of rest in Him.  You can do that you know. You simply add your faith to His loving power to bring you out and bring you through, and bring you UP!

Power Thought:
"No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, never so much as imagined anything quite like it-What God has arranged for those who love Him."

That's a good place to rest your little head isn't it?












Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment