Sunday, May 24, 2015

Power Of Blooming


Key Scripture:  "My grace is enough; it's all you need.  My strength comes into its own in your weakness."  2 Corinthians 12:9 The Message
Power Point:
     The old adage, "Bloom where you are planted" is a good one, and a GOD one. No matter where you are, or what your situation is, God will enable you to bloom there. His grace is sufficient for you, and His power will be manifested and bloom in your weakest areas.
     Like Paul, you've probably requested a time or two to be removed from the particular plot of ground you've been planted in.  And like Paul, you may have received the answer that God's power is there and you will not only survive but you will flourish.
     I think that sometimes we consider God's power only in the realm of the miraculous.  We forget that the character of God is the most powerful thing we could ever encounter.  What would it be like if in the midst of anger His love was sufficient to overcome it?  What would it be like if in the midst of fear, you were convinced of His faithfulness?  What would it be like if in the middle of your greatest need, you knew that God would provide?
    You would bloom wouldn't you?  You'd be giving God something to work with.  You’d be giving Him faith in His power to bring you to a flourishing finish.
     God defines His power as GRACE in this passage.  And it is a power-full word. Sometimes we think it means that we must struggle to just "get through" the place where we are.  We are going to have to grit our teeth and pull ourselves together and hope and pray that God will come through. In all actuality, when the storms of life are drenching our hope and the strategies of the Enemy to kill, steal, and destroy us are threatening to pull us under the water for the third time,  "His grace enables us to conquer every weakness as we yield to an absolute trust or reliance upon God, trusting His heart when we cannot trace His hand." (NSFB).


     The word for "sufficient" means that God's grace is always available to us to enable us to with a "supernatural" ability or miraculous ability to "sustain, endure, or maintain our call-for all He is enabling us to become in Christ."  (NSFB).
     As a result of the extraordinary powerful grace that God has given to us, we are able to say with Paul:
THEREFORE, (because of God's extraordinary Grace available to me), I was glad to let it happen!  I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift.  It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.  Now I take limitations in stride and with good cheer. These limitations that cut me down to size-abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks.  I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."  (2 Corinthians 12:10, The Message).
     Beloved, if God's grace wasn't sufficient, He would have said so. If you needed to worry about tomorrow, He would have made that clear.  If God had wanted the Enemy to win, He wouldn't have sent Jesus to bring us the opportunity for an abundant life. You have the same Spirit of Grace within you that enabled Jesus to conquer every fear, every attack, every plan of the Enemy to destroy God's plan for Him and for you. You have the same Spirit of Grace that propelled Paul to sail on rough waters and turn the tables on the Enemy every time.
BE filled.  BE encouraged. BE strengthened. Let Him flow and BE strong enough in you for you to BLOOM where you are planted.
His grace is not only powerful enough to save you.  It is powerful enough to sustain you.

Power Declaration:
I will BLOOM today where I am planted. I will not dread, or fear, or allow my weakness to overwhelm me.  I will concentrate on the Grace of God for me, and IN me, that enables me to fly above not sink in. God’s grace will SOAR in my weakness.  The seeds of His Words in me, are flourishing and they will bring me to a flourishing finish.        



Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment