Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Power Of Real Rest


Key Scripture:  “Now God has offered to us the same promise of entering into His realm of resting in confident faith.  So we must be extremely careful to ensures that we all embrace the fullness of that promise and not fail to experience it.”  Hebrews 4:1, TPT
Power Point:
     Have you ever thought about the fact that God says that it is our faith that leads us into a place of REST?   He had told me that this was the year of "rest" for me. I was excited. Initially.  Then I realized that it's easy to "REST" when things aren't difficult.  I don't need supernatural rest when everything is going smoothly. It's when situations are coming fast and furious, when the waves and storms are crashing over me, that I become desperate for supernatural rest-real rest. That's when I finally realize that GOD'S GOT THIS! and I can stop struggling and worrying and being full of fear.
     When my foundations are being shaken, and my fruit trees are being pulled up by the roots, that's when I have the privilege of moving beyond my limited abilities in the natural and move into God's place of real rest.
     Many years ago, after my husband died, the Lord opened my Bible one morning to Isaiah 54:16.17 which says, "For the mountains depart and the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, NOR shall My covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has mercy on you."  That pretty well describes an earthquake doesn't it?  We've had recent vivid reminders of how awful earthquakes can be, and they can be devastating.
     My husband's death was an earthquake, and yet, I can tell you with the greatest joy that during that time, and in the years since that time,  God has faithfully fulfilled His covenant and has shown nothing but kindness to me.  There have been many more earthquakes since that then.  Often we somehow think, "Well, I got through that one so everything will be alright now."  In fact, what we learn in the earthquakes about entering into His rest, is what will sustain us and propel us through the next one. 

     As His perfectly new creations, we are uniquely equipped to move a few mountains on our own. That authority comes from a place of faith in God, and continual growth in our knowledge of Him so that the power of His rest can be released in us. When we speak out His promises over the earthquakes, and we position ourselves in His supernatural rest, we become more than we ever thought we could be.  As we watch chaos pass us by from our place beside Him, we are strengthened in knowing how He protects us.  We understand that He will part seas for us.  He will enable us to speak peace and see peace.  The situation may not change immediately, but when you enter into His rest, by faith, peace will fill your heart, supernaturally.
     You have a choice of course.  You can stay outside the place of "rest", and continue to worry, and fear, and complain about how God hasn't shown up.  OR you can choose to believe that He is a good God, who will always help you to overcome, and has, in fact, already initiated the plan for your victory.
Your best weapon against chaos is the weapon of "rest".  
Your best weapon against fear is faith. Your best weapon against storms is Peace.
You can only get that from Him.
     Graham Cooke says that if Jesus is Lord over your life than He's Lord over all of your circumstances. Take that thought to heart and rest there.

Power Declaration:
I continually enter into the real resting place of faith in God.  I know that He loves me, that He is on my side, and that He is arranging my steps into exactly the right place He has planned for me, even if those steps include walking on water. Because I want to be with Him in this glorious walk of faith, I will walk in the places where He is walking with the same confidence that He has. I will not just keep my head above the water, I will walk on it. I will rest knowing He is with me.   I will join my faith with His Word, and activate its power. With Jesus. Because of Jesus.                                    


Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment