Saturday, May 2, 2015

Power Of Making Excuses


    This is another timely word from Gregory Dickow.   I don't know about you but I find the Lord is addressing my propensity for making excuses when I don't want to do something or when I feel inadequate for the task ahead.  He usually ignores me.  (Remember Moses?) We think excuses excuse us from exercising our faith.  I hope you'll take this one to heart and apply its wisdom with a generous hand.

Day 103 - "I Am Fasting from Excuses!"

Today we are fasting from excuses! 

True success will never come to the person who makes excuses. We must eliminate excuse-making mentalities such as: “I can’t do it without,..." “I don’t have enough resources,...” and “If I only had....” 

Today we are going to eliminate excuse-making mentalities. 


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY 

1. Refuse to excuse mediocrity. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 says, “Excel still more....” Don’t give in to the temptation to settle for where you are. Wherever you are in life, right now, thank God and press forward for more of what He has for you. (Philippians 3:13–14) 
 
2. Refuse to excuse lack and failure in your life. Stop saying that you were born on the wrong side of the tracks, or you’re limited by your upbringing. 
You may have been born on the wrong side of the tracks, but you're not bound to stay there. Cross the tracks NOW. (Romans 8:37) 
 
3. Refuse to excuse unforgiveness.
We sometimes think, “You just don't know what they did to me." But the truth is, what God has done FOR you is far greater than what they have done TO you! Let it go.
 
4. Refuse to excuse lack of support.
In John 5:7, the lame man said, “I have no man to help me.” He used that as an excuse to remain in his condition. Even if everyone lets us down, God will support us. (Psalm 27:10)

5. Redirect your effort.
It takes EFFORT to come up with excuses. If we would redirect the same energy and instead EXPECT a WAY, doors would open. John 14:6 says, Jesus is the WAY.  When tempted to make an excuse why you can’t do something, ask Jesus to open the door that man can't close. (Revelations 3:8)
 
6. Get up on the roof!
Luke 5:18–20 says, “When they could not find a way to get in, they went up on the roof and lowered their friend...right in front of Jesus.” Refuse to accept that there is no way. Faith finds a way! Success will come.


THINK IT AND SAY IT 
I eliminate excuse-making from my thoughts and words. I will no longer excuse or justify mediocrity in my life. I will not allow lack or failure in my life.  
  
I am forgiven, and I will not withhold forgiveness from others. God takes up my cause and is my greatest support. I believe there is always a way to succeed. I release my faith by asking God and expecting Him to open the door that no man can close, in Jesus’ Name.
In God's great love,

Gregory Dickow




Gregory Dickow Ministries PO BOX 7000 Chicago, Illinois 60680 United States (888) 849-5433


No comments:

Post a Comment