Sunday, May 17, 2015

Power Of Thinking Before You Think



 Key Scripture: "Out of the heart, the mouth speaks."
Power Point:
    You've probably heard the old adage, "Think before you speak!"  It's a good idea isn't it? However, as Christians we're actually told that we need to "think before we think!"  If we're supposed to capture all our thoughts and make sure that they are in line with what God desires for us to think- that's really thinking about what you're thinking about, before you think about it! 
Confused?
     Sometimes I'll find my thoughts taking a wrong turn, but often I don't realize it until I've gone too far down the wrong road.  You've probably done that yourself.  You may find yourself daydreaming and soon you're having an entire conversation in your head with someone that is not productive at all. You may find yourself getting angry or resentful when actually nothing has happened, except in your thoughts.
     The other day, I was experiencing that and suddenly I heard the Lord ask me, "Where will that thought take you?  Is it somewhere you want to go?"  As a matter of fact, it wasn't.  His questions helped me to make a U-turn and get back on the right path. 
     When your thoughts are uncontrolled, your life will become uncontrolled too.  If you do not capture those thoughts before they're allowed to nestle in, you will find yourself heading off in a dangerous direction.  The only way Satan can get you un-settled, un-faithful and un-peaceful is through your thoughts.  That's his tool of choice.  He can cause you to begin to think about what you lack so much that you ignore what you have.  He can prompt you to doubt God's promises so that you'll never see them fulfilled. He can cause such chaos in your thought life that you can never find peace.

      God promises that when we think as He does, our thoughts will be higher; higher than our problems, higher than our circumstances, and higher than any negativity that Satan can dream up. The key is, we have to think about what we are thinking about don't we?  We have to ask ourselves:
1.      Where is this thought taking me?
2.     Is it taking me somewhere that I want to go?

King David is a good example of letting your thoughts take you where they want you to go. He couldn't get his mind off of Bathsheba and ultimately acted in a very "unkingly" manner.  When he controlled his thoughts he was one of the greatest worshippers ever. Billions of people still use his thoughts to form their own prayers.
     Beloved, your thoughts are the words you speak to yourself when no one else is listening.  Are they taking you where God wants you to go?  Are they blessing, and healing, and faith-filled?
Do you want to go where your thoughts are leading you today?  If not, turn around and remind yourself of all those wonderful soaring thoughts that God has about you and turn them into prayers. Fill your mind with the thoughts that He thinks about you, about your circumstances and about your future.  I think you'll be thrilled with where those thoughts take you.

Power Declaration:
I'm binding my thoughts to the thoughts of Jesus today.  I will set the course of every thought so that at the end of the day, my thought life will produce REAL life!
As I order my thoughts today, my tomorrows will be on the right path.








Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment