Monday, September 17, 2012

Power Of Being Spilled Out



Key Scripture:  “Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way just as the Scripture says.”  John 7:38 The Message
Power Point:
         In the introduction to the book of Philippians, The Message says this: “But circumstances are incidental compared to the life of Jesus, the Messiah, that Paul experienced from the inside.  For it is a life that not only happened at a certain point in history, but continues to happen, spilling out all over the place.” 
         God’s idea has always been to fill us with His life and then spill out that life through us.  How’s that working for you?
         When I first began to understand this truth and realize that salvation was not something that stopped with me-that made me special, I began to wonder how on earth that worked. Then I met Holy Spirit and He showed me that if I just lifted the pitcher to pour out the water, He would be sure that He was there to pour out and even splash all over.
         The important thing is to begin isn’t it? I remember the first time I prayed for someone to be healed, I was terrified, and worried about what people would think. And what would happen if the person wasn’t healed? People could laugh at me! But the more I read, the more I realized that it was my job to flow, to spill out, to act, to continue the circle of Life that God had invited me into. Now, several years later, I know that the first step is still the hardest, but it’s worth it. Honoring and believing the truth that God will provide the water for thirsty people leads you into a whole new realm of heaven on earth.
         Beloved, it’s your privilege. It’s your great joy to be filled with rivers of living water. It is an even greater joy to trust Him enough to spill them out.

Power Thought:

Got your pitcher?

No comments:

Post a Comment