Sunday, September 30, 2012

Power Of His Promises



Key Scripture: We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God…” II Peter 1:3 The Message
Power Point:
     Yesterday I was just sitting here chatting about things with the Lord and suddenly I could see myself walking on my daily path. It was a happy path, sunny and sparkling. Down at my feet were hundreds of little smiley faces. They were bouncing up and down and saying, “Pick me! Pick me!”  I realized that they were God’s promises that He had prepared for me so that I could bring heaven to earth in my life.  I was busy picking them up and putting them in my pockets. In fact, I had an additional bag over my shoulder to try to hold them all. As I would take a step forward, the promises I had missed would run on ahead so that I had another opportunity to pick them up.
      It reminded me of the story of Elijah and the widow  who had nothing left but a “little pot of oil”. Elijah told her to go and round up all the containers she could find and she was obedient to do that. She never ran out of the oil she needed to sustain her life.
      God wants to make sure that we never run out of oil or out of anything we need in our lives. He has already prepared His awesome promises and placed them close by so that all we have to do is pick them up and put them in our pockets.  Peter says that He has given us e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g we could ever pertaining to life and godliness. How? Through His promises. His promises are what bring heaven to earth in our lives. Our faith in His promises are the means by which we work out our salvation.
     Abundance is a result of living in anticipation of seeing those promises fulfilled and not allowing anything to pull them out of your hands.
     I hope you’ll spend some time today, re-reading, re-discovering and realizing God’s wonderful plans for your life. Those happy little smiley faces are bouncing up and down on your path today.  Will you pick them up?
Power Thought:
There’s always a promise waiting for you before you need it. If you've already put it in your pocket, you're one step ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment