Sunday, September 23, 2012

Power Of Restoration



Key Scripture:  "Make a show of how much You love me, so the bullies who hate me will stand there slack-jawed as You, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet.”  Psalms 86:11
Power Point:
     Don’t you just love the thought of your enemies standing their with their mouths open as God rescues and restores you? I do! And I love the thought that seeing our enemies “slack-jawed” should be a common occurrence for the believer.
     When I first became a Christian, the Lord gave me a very explicit word for my life in Isaiah 58.  Among other things, He said that I would become a repairer of breaches (gaps), and a restorer of streets so that people can live there again. In essence He was saying that I would get to partner with Him in repairing and restoring. It’s a lovely promise that I am being blessed to see happening in my life on a regular basis. I see it in Sozo ministry and I see it in interceding for people who have gaps in their lives and walls to breach.  I see it in the “Power UP!”. So many of you have been kind enough to write and say that it’s helped you over some tough times in your lives. Thank you.
     The thing I didn’t realize at first though, was the fact that this very calling on my life would, by its very nature, bring people into my life who were broken, confused, and unable to connect fully with Him. (Oh.) 
It would include my learning to scale the walls in my own life and repairing my own streets before I began on anyone else’s.  When I looked at my assignment, of course I began looking at all the wonderful promises that followed. (You know how we are!) To name a few, He promised me that healing would “spring forth speedily”,  He said that the glory of the Lord would surround me and guard me. He said that if I called, He would answer and that He would guide me continually. (Oh yes!)  He said that I would raise up the foundations of generations-a great promise for our families. And then He promised that I would ride with Him on the heights of the earth.  Absolutely heavenly.
    To begin I had to keep in mind the heart of God for restoration. It is always His plan, you know. When I looked at situations and people whom I didn’t think deserved restoration, He reminded me that they did. And He reminded me that I was His partner in bringing it about. He says in Isaiah 58 that if I would stop speaking my own words, and begin to speak His; stop pointing my finger at other people’s shortcomings; and if I would extend my soul to those who are hurting, then I would have the brightness of His presence in my life. Amazing.
     It’s a great road map for me. Whenever I find myself in a struggle, somehow Isaiah 58 pops up on my radar screen and I go back to the beginning of the promise and to the joys of its fulfillment. When I’m struggling in a relationship, Isaiah 58 is there for me and I stop pointing fingers at everyone else and unwrap the gifts He has given me to bring restoration. What a great exchange.
     Restoration is still God’s heart for everyone. Will you carry that truth to someone today?
Power Thought:
Recently a street near my home took a very long time to be repaired so that people could “live” there. It was frustrating at times. Sometimes it takes a long time to repair the gaps and restore the streets in our lives too. Patience is a virtue. Is it time to restore it? He will gently and lovingly put you back on your feet.  He loves you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment