Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Power Of Patience Learned


Key Scripture: "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, p-at-i-e-n-c-e..."  Galatians 5:22

Power Point:
             I am never, let me repeat that, N-E-V-E-R writing on the subject of patience again.  With all the opportunities I have had to exercise patience in the last three days, I am definitely DONE with it.
On Saturday, our precious pink poodle Lollipup, (the hunter), started our day off with a wounded cardinal. A few hours later, she tried to play with another cardinal. Later, she found a baby mole and then finally finished off the first cardinal. She is now on extreme restriction. You do remember that I never kill ANY thing.

Yesterday, I was supposed to go to a gathering of friends and on my agenda was the plan to make some of my special cookies.  What a great idea right? As the day progressed I began feeling unwell but I forced myself to head to the kitchen. I began to add my ingredients and realized that I only had one beater in the mixer. No matter where I looked I could not find the other one. I don’t know if you know this but one beater does not beat very well. It was a struggle. Finally I got the cookies in the oven and prepared to make the frosting. Uh-oh. I put in the cream cheese and the milk and then added the powdered sugar. What was that brown thing in my beautiful creamy frosting? A roach? Impossible! It seems not. So of course I threw out the frosting and found myself unable to make any more because I didn’t have enough cream cheese. As I began to clean up the dishes, I tripped on the other beater, which had fallen on the floor. I do not like patience. And I did not pass the test. Sigh.
I hope your trials of patience turn out better than mine. Although actually I guess I did pass this one. I didn’t scream or cry or shake my fist at heaven. This morning I went to the grocery and got new cream cheese and new sugar. My friends today will have my special cookies.
            Maybe that’s the quality of patient endurance. At any rate I pray your trials will strengthen your resolve. It honestly does not do any good to “lose it” (as I did with Lollipup.)  The frustration and anger I felt at toward her for killing something did no good at all. I couldn’t sleep. I upset my daughter and I was miserable. When all the events of yesterday began to happen, I knew I needed to get a grip and pass this new test. I felt much better handling it the right way.
            If you think about it, Jesus had perfect patience so I guess we do too. We just need to step back and let it flow don’t we?
            And this is the absolute last time I will talk about patience. I think.

Power Thought:
Patience is a virtue. I’m working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment