Friday, September 7, 2012

Power of Your Frame Of Reference



Key Scripture: Neither wasting or destruction will be within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.” Isaiah 60 
Power Point:
      On the wall outside my bedroom I have several family pictures. They’re pictures of my childhood when my sister and I were little and other family photos that are precious to me. I don’t notice them all the time, but I do look at them occasionally. I see my mom and dad, my children when they were small, and my grandmother, and my husband, and his family. What if those frames were all empty?  It would be as though I had no framework for who I was or how I became that way, wouldn't it? If we put what we believe about God in our frame of reference, some people really do have empty frames don’t they?   Some people have no reference point for the goodness of God. Some people have no reference point for faith. They have empty frames and nothing to fill them with.
     Beloved, you have to make sure that your life is framed in the truths of salvation. When Holy Spirit led me to this scripture this morning, I began to thank Him for helping me to frame my life with the benefits of my salvation and then realized that I am learning to do exactly that.
When your point of reference is what God has done for you already, and Who He wants to be for you today, and all that He has promised you; then the picture you have of God will frame everything in your life. Fear will not be able to enter into your frame of reference because you know the Truth about your salvation. Lack will not be an issue for you because you know that God will provide, just as He promised.
     When we remodeled our home seven years ago I was stunned to drive by one day soon after the remodel had begun. The entire middle of the house had been torn down to the studs. There was nothing but wood and air. Gradually the insulation and the walls went up, but they were new walls and that entire part of the house looked nothing like it had before. Beloved, that’s what is supposed to happen to us after salvation. We are to look entirely different.
     What do you believe that God will do for you? What does Salvation mean to you? What is your point of reference for that? Is it what God has said, or what someone else has told you? God says that neither wasting nor destruction will be within your boundaries. Do you need to change your frame of reference? Are you framing God’s word or someone else’s?
     What is your frame of reference for abundant life? How do you view the benefits of your salvation?  Something to think about it isn’t it?
Power Thought:
What is your point of reference for the goodness of God, and the abundance that Jesus promised? Are you better off now than you were when you first met Him?



No comments:

Post a Comment