Sunday, January 27, 2013

Power Of Fresh Snow


Power Of Fresh Snow
Key Scripture:   “…I remember the feeling of hitting the bottom. But there’s one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope.  God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out, his merciful love couldn’t have dried up. They’re created new every morning. How great is your faithfulness.”  Lamentations 3:22-24, The Message
Power Point:
     All the kids in my area were hoping for a “snow day” yesterday. Not one flake of snow or drop of rain or ice fell however, and they were stuck with going to school as usual. A few years ago the Lord told me that every day I would have “fresh snow”. A fresh anointing, a refreshing, and a reminder of His goodness for me that day.  In the kingdom, every day is  a “snow day” for us isn’t it?  Every day we have a clean slate, a fresh path, a new awareness of His love and kindness and care.  When we don’t allow the tracks of dirty snow to creep into my new day, it’s always fresh.

     I love it when  the fresh snow falls. I love looking out and seeing the pristine beauty of each flake clumped together to make a beautiful, fresh scene for me to encounter. It’s so beautiful.  By the end of the day, however, the snow has been walked on and played on, and at my house, the poodles have peed on it. It’s not nearly as pretty.
In the spirit I experience that too, don’t you?  By the end of the day there are “tracks” across my soul that can discourage, or defeat or disappoint me. But morning comes and in the morning, God opens the windows of heaven to pour out all the “fresh snow” I could ever need. The path before me is pure and clean, and if I don’t allow yesterday to “make tracks” in my soul, I can simply enjoy the “new”, the “fresh”, and the stirred up anticipation of His goodness for me that day. I can do that because I know that His love never fails and His mercy lasts forever. So can you.
     When you wake up in the morning, remember that God is not looking at the dirty tracks, He’s got a whole heaven full of fresh snow ready to fall on your life. Sit down with Him and enjoy the falling snow of His love and mercy and let it obliterate the tracks of yesterday. He’s offering a new path. Will you take it? Is it time for a refreshing from the Lord? Is it time for all that seed to grow? How great is His faithfulness.
Power Thought:
“The rain and snow come down from heaven and stay on the ground and water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.”   Isaiah 55:10, NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment