Friday, January 4, 2013

Power of 'NO!"!



Key Scripture: "If then, you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." Colossians 3:1-3
Power Point:
     My “new” stance this year is to take aggressive action against the enemy’s attempts to steal my peace, distract me from my goals, and tempt me to think negative thoughts.  Want to join me?  I have found a “humorous” way to do that.  I don’t know about you but I sometimes find myself being tempted to think or speak negatively about someone or something. It’s definitely been on the increase since God decided to teach me about unconditional love. This morning I came up with a very original idea.  Last year I gave some friends and family the “NO!” button.  You’ve probably seen it.  It has a huge ‘no” on it and when you push it, it says, “NO!” in many different ways. I decided that it was a great tool to help me remember to say “no’ to the enemy. I’ve placed it on my desk, right next to my phone and my computer, and my Bible. It’s a great reminder that when a bad, "old", or a negative thought comes, I’m in charge. I can make sure they don't reproduce. I can just say “no!” 
     Actually, it’s working really well. I do much better understanding a truth when I have a visual and this is definitely visual as well as audible.  Instead of being under attack, I’ve gone on the attack. I’ve chosen peace, now I can aggressively defend its position in my life. I’ve chosen love, and now I can make sure anything that is UN-love will not cross my borders.
     How about you?  Is there an area of your life where you are tempted to fall into the trap of Satan? Maybe you've been tempted to doubt God.  Before you know it, your mind has accepted every potential possibility that He won’t show up or that that person will never amount to anything. Get out your own “No!” button and put it out where you can see it. When you’re tempted to do or think anything that is in opposition to God’s heart or His will for you, press “NO!”.  You will be amazed.
     I sometimes see people who feel that they are victims. They try to choose the right way but when circumstances change they don’t consider that it’s the enemy trying to rob them of what God has promised them. Beloved, we are part of an army.  We have to aggressively defend God’s position in our life and the power of His word in our lives. We’ve got to say “no” to every attempt of the enemy to rob, kill, and destroy. We’ve got to say “NO!” “NOPE!” and “ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Right now.

Power Thought:
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment – this day – is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day – each moment of this day – a heaven on earth. This is my day for opportunity.”
Dan Custer

 Change your thinking, change your life.”
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Post a Comment