Thursday, January 3, 2013

Power Of "New" Prayers



Key Scripture:  “For if a man is in Christ he becomes a new person altogether-the past is finished and gone, everything has become fresh and new.”  J. B. Phillips.
Power Point:
     Is it time for us to pursue a “new” way of praying? Is it time for our prayers to become "fresh and new"?  Sometimes it seems that we pray the way we used to before the NEW Covenant was established in our lives. Have you noticed that?  I hear people begging God, pleading with Him for something, and they are entirely unaware that He’s already said “Yes, My child”. 

For example:
OLD Prayers:
Father I need this. Please give it to me.
NEW Prayers:
Father, THANK YOU, for providing all my needs.

OLD Prayers:
Father, this is an impossible situation.  Will you help me?
NEW Prayers:
Father, I THANK YOU that You are my Helper. I THANK YOU that You never abandon me or leave me to my own devices. I THANK You for the good plans You have for me and that this situation, this relationship, is in the process of being a good thing on the way! Everything is possible with You!

OLD Prayers:
Father, PLEASE help me. PLEASE fix this. I don’t know what Your will is here.
NEW Prayers:
Father, THANK YOU that I can know that Your will is always good, acceptable, and perfect. I can relax and rest that You will do a “new” thing and a good thing, as I trust You.

OLD Prayers:
Father, I need money NOW!
NEW Prayers:
Father, I THANK YOU that YOU are my Shepherd. I will never lack. You will never keep a good thing from me because I am Your child.

Did you get it?
-He has promised to provide ALL your needs.
-He is THE Helper. He never leaves you or forsakes you. You can count on that.
-His will is ALWAYS good and acceptable and perfect; every single time.
-He has promised that you will not lack any good thing. There is no fiscal cliff in heaven.
     Instead of begging Him for what we know is His will, lets begin to Thank Him for what He says is already ours. Doesn’t it increase your faith to ask for what you know He has already promised? Of course it does.
Put on the “NEW” man, Beloved. Live in the "NEW" covenant.  Jesus is all about the “new”. We should be too don’t you think? That’s why He came, to ring in the “new”!  

Power Thought:
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can't be done. 2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing. 3) I knew it was a good idea all along! Arthur C. Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment