Thursday, April 2, 2015

Power Of Teamwork




Key Scripture:  "I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory prize through the anointing of Jesus."  Philippians 3:14 TPT
Power Point:
     Recently, I was praying for a lady who exuded depression and sadness.  It was obvious that she was sad, sad, sad.  She had had a bad week.  Family relationships were getting her down.
As we waited and asked Holy Spirit to come and guide our prayers, He gave me three questions to ask her. 
Who are you?
Who is your God?
Whose team are you on?
     When I asked her who she was she looked a bit surprised and then said, "I guess I'm a child of God.  (No expression).  I probed a bit deeper. "Who ELSE are you?"
"I'm a daughter of the King.  I'm chosen."  (No expression and not the tiniest bit of excitement.) Her countenance never changed.
Second question:  Who is your God? 
Well, He's the creator of the universe.  He loves me. 
She could have been reading the phone book.
You know me- I probed again.  "Well, what about being your Savior, your peace and joy, and having access to all His goodness?
She simply nodded.
Now I was getting depressed.
Question Three:
Whose team are you on?
This came as a result of her saying that she just wanted to get back on "the team".   So God was asking her, "Which team are you on?"
He showed me a scene of a youth football team.  It's close to the end of the game and the Quarterback hands off the ball to the receiver. In his excitement, the young player starts running the opposite direction of his goal, and heads straight toward the opposing team's goal. Of course, everybody in the stands is screaming and shouting at him, but he thinks they are praising his prowess.  All the while he's going in the wrong direction. He caught the ball. He's running hard.  But he's running toward the wrong goal.
     These questions are good for each one of us aren't they? God has passed us a spiritual "ball” of His power, His strength, His goodness, His love and His joy. Beloved, if we do not “receive” or take possession of who we are and Who God is for us, we will be headed toward the wrong goal. We will be making goals for the opposing team. 
     If you're not "carrying the ball" of the fruit of His Spirit, you're headed in the wrong direction. If you're not running with Love Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Self-Control-you'll never achieve God's goal of being like Jesus.
If you're not carrying the ball of His power toward you, His heart toward you and applying the knowledge of who you really are-you'll never score.
If you're not carrying the ball of knowing Who God says He is and What He says He will do, then you'll never defeat the opposition.
If you don't take possession of what He's given you, you're playing for the wrong team. It's time to turn around and fix your eye on the right goal.

Who are you?
Who is your God?
Whose Team are you on?

Powerful Declaration:
Jesus turned my life around.  I am not a victim of my circumstances anymore. I am a child of God!  I am the person He chose to be with for all eternity.  He is the most awesome God and His Spirit and His Words to me continue to turn my life around. Today I will receive and take possession of all that He's given me and fix my eyes on the goal He's set for me.  I will score for the Right Team today.


Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work
"Its Time To Power Up!", the book, is available on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment