Friday, July 20, 2012

Power of Being Found Faithful


Key Scripture: When Jesus returns, will He find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8
Power Point:
That’s a great question isn’t it?  Sometime you hear people, even Christians say, “Well, I’ve done this or that good thing-that should surely get me a few crowns in heaven!” Not really. God’s basic requirement for rewards in heaven is faith. In I Corinthians 4:2, we are reminded that as servants of Christ we “steward” the mysteries of God, we are to be found faithful. I heard someone put it this way the other day, “We have to have a “working knowledge” of faith. You can’t just read about faith and say to yourself, “I’ve got it!”  You have to take what you read in God’s word and then work with Him in a divine partnership to see the rewards of your faith in your own situations.  He promises. We believe. We act on what we believe. Then we see the promises fulfilled. That’s the “law of faith” and it’s the requirement for every single Christian. You can’t expect to apply doubt or unbelief to your situation and see the results of faith can you?
If my friend Donna arranges to meet me for lunch and we set a time for her to pick me up, then I’m going to do my best to be ready and waiting when she comes by, because I know her and I know she will be there. If I don’t trust her to come then I probably won’t change my clothes or do all the things that I need to do to go with her. If she comes and I’m not ready I would probably say something like, “I wasn’t sure you were coming.” Or “ I got busy with something else and I forgot.”
Remember the parable of the ten virgins?  The wise ones got ready and stayed ready. They had faith that the Master was coming because that’s what He had told them. The foolish virgins did nothing in response to the anticipated arrival. They weren’t sure were they? They missed the main event.
The thing about faith is that we are to be full of it. In fact, the reason Jesus is wondering if He will find faith on earth when He returns is that He’s given us His own faith. That seed of faith is in us-we get to cause it to grow. How?  By filling ourselves with His truth that sets us free. If you find yourself in a situation where things seem to be “over your head” and you’re close to drowning ask Jesus if you can borrow some of His faith. I’m pretty sure the answer will be a resounding “yes!” He doesn’t care whose faith you use, as long as you use it. As you use it, it will grow. As it grows it will become a tree of Life to testify to His faithfulness. Other’s will see it and be able to rest in the branches until their own faith grows.
Don’t get busy with something else today. Don’t let the tyranny of the urgent take the place of doing what you need to do to help your faith grow. Jesus is coming soon. Will He find faith at your house?
Power Thought:
Do you have a working knowledge of faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment