Saturday, July 28, 2012

Power Of Being Set UP!


Key Scripture: “…And set your minds and keep them set on what is above-the higher things-not on the things that are on the earth.”  Colossians 3:2, Amplified Bible
Power Point
My children used to love “Jello” and so I made it often. There were times that I did something wrong and I just couldn’t get it to “set up”.  Which meant I had to throw it out and start over. In Colossians 3:1 Paul says we are to “set” our minds on things above and not on things on the earth. Throughout scripture we are told to “set” our thoughts on God’s Word and not listen to the voice of the enemy. We’re encouraged to “set” our thinking on the good not the bad, the lovely not the ugly and things worthy of praise. I have a perfect example of what happens when I don’t do that.  The other morning I was having my usual chat with the Lord.  I was tired. I was grumpy. (I know you must find that hard to believe!) Instead of beginning my usual time of just thanking Him and listing all the things He was doing for me, I began to slide down the slippery slope of grumbling and complaining. The first words out of my mouth and onto my computer journal were all the things that were going wrong. I had only written a couple of sentences when I just stopped, and closed my eyes and sat back. This was not making me feel better. To my knowledge I did not touch my computer but as I opened my eyes and looked down somehow all the negative words had been deleted. There was a fresh page waiting to be written. I got the message and started over again. What I understand is that God was gently reminding me where my mind is to be set.
Is your mindset set on the fact that you are loved by Your heavenly Father today? Is your mind set on all the wonderful things He has planned for your future; all the gifts He has ready and waiting, even for this day? Are you thoughts “set in stone”? Have you “pre-set” the path of your thinking so that it will bring life and not death, faith and not doubt, hope and not fear?
If you look at all the writings of Paul it’s easy to see that he did exactly that. Before he entered a “tough” time, or an overwhelming time, his mind was set on what God had done and on what He had promised to do that day and in all the days to come. His mind was set on the extravagant gift of grace God has given us, the riches that are there to fill our lives bringing peace, joy, and power.
You my friend, are being loved, established, guarded, kept, delivered, and blessed today. Think about that.  Pastor Bill Johnson says, “I always look at what God is doing, not at what He is not doing.: It’s good advice.
Will you push “delete” on those thoughts that are taking you down the wrong path today? Will you write His words on your heart so that they can bring His life to your life today? How about letting the things that God has promised you “set up” firmly in your mind so that your mindset is established in His faithfulness?
Power Thought:
Are you expecting God to show up in your life today? He has already said that He would. Think about that. It’s settled in His mind.  Is it settled for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment