Sunday, July 1, 2012

Power of Cleaning UP!


Key Scripture: “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean. I will cleanse you for all your filthiness and from all your idols.”  Ezekiel 36:25
Power Point:
Recently I’ve spent a lot of time and energy sprinkling clean water on my house! It has been pressure washed, all the windows cleaned, and a lot of clean water has been applied on the inside as well. I was telling someone about it the other day and said, “My house is smiling.” And it really is. It’s the same when the poodles go to be groomed. They enter in fear and trembling but when they come out they are so proud of themselves and can’t wait to show you how clean and pretty they are.
Our souls sometimes need clean water don’t they? If we don’t allow God’s living water to flow over us and in us, the smudges of yesterday tend to darken our today’s don’t they?  I’ve often said how much I love my shower in the morning and the feeling of freshness it gives me for the day. I feel the same when Holy Spirit refreshes my spirit and my soul. All the harsh words I spoke and all the things I did that were not honoring to my Father or to me, or to anyone else, are washed away in the cleansing flood of His forgiveness. I remember Corrie Ten Boom talking about the “ocean of God’s forgiveness”.  Maybe that’s why seventy per cent of the earth is covered with water! Perhaps God knew we’d need reminding of how vast His forgiveness really is and how awesome it is to have our sins forgiven and plunged into the depths of the sea.
Have you done that recently? Have you asked Him to sprinkle clean water on you and cleanse away all the smudges in your life?  Have you allowed Him to show you the things that you have given more priority to than you give to Him-and allowed Him to refresh your heart for Him?
I know one thing.  If you do that, it will make your heart smile. It will be so proud of its cleanness and so happy to filled to the full with all the things that He longs to be for you.
Do you need the number of a good pressure washer?
Power Thought:
When He cleanses you, you are sparkling clean, any time you ask, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment