Friday, February 22, 2013

Power Of "And then Some!"



Key Scripture:  "There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish..." Philippians 1:6, The Message 
Power Point:
      One of the most astounding things I’ve learned about God is that He’s always got “more”. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that He’s not on a tight budget. He’s not worried about the future supply. In fact, if one of the angels tells Him He’s out of something- He just makes more.
The thing about God is that He’s so generous that He loves to give more and then some.  When He does miracles, like dividing the Red Sea, He likes to add a little flourish doesn’t He? He didn't just take them out, He took them out with a flourish.  One of the things we don't usually think about is that the people who had been in slavery for 400 years, walked through that water without one sick or feeble person among them. I guess they had to be strong enough to carry all the jewels and the gold that the Egyptians gave them. God took them out, and then some. 
Do you remember the beggar at the Gate Beautiful?  He asked for money. He got a new life. I'd say God gave Him what he asked for, and then some.
If you think about it, God wants us to always add a little more to everything for us, doesn’t He?
I remember in my own life when I had been trusting God for something in my family. I had my promises tucked under my arm and would routinely pull them out and remind Him of them when things got tough.  It took years. BUT! When the answers began to come, it was as though the flood gates had opened. Everywhere I turned there was another detail of the answer that I had not even expected. Now as I sit and soak in that wonderful place, I continue to be amazed at the “and then some” He added on.
When my son and his wife began their family, it was doubtful that there would be any more after our precious JD.  Now we have, JD, Ben, Reagan Grace, Hannah Joy. God answered our prayers. And then some.
Now THAT'S A Hamburger!
And then some!
When “It’s Time To Power UP!” was first published I wasn’t even aware of all the wonderful things that would mean. Being on Amazon was quite enough, but then I realized that it was also on Barnes and Noble, and being advertised in magazines I actually read. Last week, my favorite Christian bookstore in my neighborhood added it to their shelves. God dreamed with me.  And then some.
Beloved, we can’t underestimate the bubbling over generosity of our God. He is always going to go farther than we can imagine in answering our prayers.
Do you believe that? Are you willing to release so many “Wow!” prayers that heaven has to get really busy?  I want the angels to be on the alert for my prayers. I want them to say, “Oh boy!  It’s Suzanne again. This will be fun! Come ON everybody. Let’s get busy!” I don’t want them to sit on a cloud and read a magazine and say, “Well this will be dull and unimaginative but we’ll do it.
When you think about it, if Holy Spirit is truly dreaming up our prayers, adding to them, and helping us out, shouldn’t we have a lot more “WOW!” in our lives?
Shouldn’t our lives be living proof that this TNT God, loves to “WOW!” people?
Yes, my friend, they should.
How will that change your prayer life?
Whatever you ask for, He’s got plenty- and then some. Dream with Him.
Power Thought:
What is that little idea popping up in the back of your mind? A long forgotten dream? A vision of tomorrow?  Why not dare to ask God for it? He will answer you, Beloved- and then some!  WOWSER!

No comments:

Post a Comment