Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Power Of Being Under His Wings



Key Scripture:  “He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will take refuge.”  Psalms 91:4
Power Point:
     Psalm 91 is a favorite passage for many people.  I know it’s always been one of mine. This morning I was meditating on it and I saw something fresh in my understanding of it. 
     Try picturing a mama bird; her babies tucked safely under her wings. Storms may come and winds may blow but those babies are not concerned. They’re covered with her feathers. As I thought about that, I realized that Psalm 91 is a beautiful picture of the dove of Holy Spirit.
If we are tucked under His wings what will we find? Here are a few things to remember:
Under His wings is a place of peace, faith, joy, patience, power, love and gentleness. Under His wings I can anticipate only good things.  Under His wings I can expect healing and rest.
Under His wings I will find the Truth that will set me free.
Under His wings I will never be afraid because I know He will keep me.
Under His wings I am safe.
Under His wings I am comforted as I am reminded Who God is and Who He wants to be for me.
Under His wings I experience complete and perfect Love.
Under His wings I know that when I whisper, He answers; when I am sad, He comforts and when I cry He wipes my tears.
Under His wings, I know He is with me to deliver me and to honor me.
Under His wings, I live long and strong.
     Being under His wings was exactly the position Jesus died to give us. It’s a place in Him where we view things differently. You do not fear. In the safety of that place, you are calm and your soul responds to His presence and that changes your responses and your reactions to your situation.
     If you’re having a tough time today why not just think about the peaceful, powerful place that God offers you through His Holy Spirit? Under His wings is a place of hope and of trust. In Psalm 57:1, David says, “Be good to me, God,-and now!  I've run to you for dear life. I'm hiding out under your wings until the hurricane blows over. I call out to the God who holds me together. He sends orders from heaven and saves me..."
    Under His wings you will hope again. After all, He is a God who eternally offers us hope and comfort and power to win over all the power of the enemy.
   I always loved tucking my children under the blankets at bedtime. We both felt safe.  Is it time to tuck yourself in under His wings?
Power Thought:
Feeling safe begins with your mindset.  Where is your mind set today? Where will you hide out?



No comments:

Post a Comment